Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had Lump Checked Out!!

patwhite101ppatwhite101 Posts: 1,213
Just got back from seeing my PCP about this lump under my right arm. He did not think it was anything to worry about either. He did want me to have a mammogram but because it's under my right arm, the one I must have surgery on, I can't raise that arm high enough to have one so I go back next month so he can check it again.
I really was not that worried about it but I lost my Mother to Cancer so it's best to have these things checked.
A neighbor came down and helped me out to the street in this snow...luv her heart....then was watching for me to come back so she could help me back into the house. I am so happy she did....my balance sucks and I fall so easily.
Also have all my meds refilled so am set for another month. Yippeeeeee
Patsy W

• good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I knew you'd be fine.

I'm so happy for you. :D

• I am so glad that they think its fine, what a lovely neighbour u have, can we all borrow her
  • I just woke up from a GOOD nights sleep. Slept for seven hours streight!! That is a first for me in a looooooong time. Was very tired from my trip to the Doctor.
    Texascowgirl...Thanks for the comment dear. Yes it IS good news!! And, nice to meet you!!

Hi Kylie....Yes, I am going to be just fine as far as that pesky lump goes. I really was not to worried about it but it's always best to check these things out. Now I have to get this shoulder surgery over with. Yikes!! But it will get rid of some of my constant pain!! And that's a good thing isn't it?

Hi Ya Shirley!! You know....I have the very best neighbors!! Great neighbors like this are worth a million dollars aren't they? I'll let you borrow her but I just gotta have her back!!LOL Thanks for the comment dear Shirley.
    Sending a lrft arm hug to everyone >:D< and Pepper sends a tail wag or two.
    Patsy W
  • Hi Patsy,

This is great news! I'm glad this lump doesn't hurt you and I'm sure your doctor will keep a close eye on it for you.

You're set up with your refills, so you can stay put and out of the snow. Cuddle up with Pepper and have a nice, relaxing weekend.

Thinking of you and hope your pain levels are kept to the very minimum!

Tammy >:D<
  • I'm glad you're PCP checked you out and you're so relieved and got a good sleep. It's important to keep up your rest for daily stress and 'perhance to dream'. Thank goodness for your awesome neighbor also. It feels good when you have someone watching out for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Tammy dear....Thanks for the comment and the good wishes. Yep...I am set for another month with my meds and I sure needed the pain meds. I had gotten so low that I could only take 2 a day for several days. That is no fun at all!!
    Charry....Thanks dear. You bet your life that good nights sleep did wonders for me. I was not to worried about the lump but my Mother had Cancer so I have to keep a close eye on these things. I was so low on pain meds I had to stretch them out and you just can't sleep when you are in pain can you?
    Hugsssss >:D<
  • <:P <:P <:P <:P <:P
    Party!!! Hey Gal!!! Glad to hear all is good with the lump and that you got your meds refilled. But most excited to hear you got a good night's sleep -- that's awesome!

Maggie and I send you puppy kisses and gentle hugs!

• Hi Pat,
    If you don't want to wait, an ultrasound can be done to check that lump. I would ask about doing that- lumps should not be ignored. Hope it is nothing!!!
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner! I thougt it was the same post, that had been here. (all ya gotta do, is look at the date dummy) I'm so glad you got the good news! And you deserve a bunch of neighbors like that!
    Good luck, Jim =D>
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Boy a good night's sleep is worth a millions bucks isn't it coz we do not get them that often do we?
    Thanks for the comment dear and the puppy kisses.

Starshine....Thanks for the comment dear. My Dr said it was nothing to worry about. I wasn't to worried it, it felt to smooth.

Jim...Thanks Jim. I do have the best neighbors in the world. We all look out for each other. Hope you are doing better my friend.

Hugssss >:D<