Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

severe central spinal stenosis

jeanblnchjjeanblnch Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Spinal Stenosis
i am wondering what has worked for others with my conditions:
I have sever central spinal stenois L3-4 and L4-5 due to facet hypertrophic changes, ligamentum flavum hypertrophy, broad based annular bulging and developmentally short pedicles. Also at L1-2 mild annular bulging.L3-L4severe joint degenrative changes, developmentally short pedicles and broad- based annular bulging.

I've had steriod injections, physical therapy and one edpidural steriod injection. What has worked for others??

• I had facet joint injections that helped somewhat with my mobility and pain. It seems though with anything severe in the spine you need a second opinion Surgeon. Do you have any sciatica pain or numbness? I would get an EMG/nerve conduction test. Take care and keep us posted. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Has surgery been ruled out for you? In my case, that was the only option. There was simply no room for the nerve to pass through. I went through all conservative treatments but nothing would make any difference other than what I think of as a "roto-rooter" procedure to clean out all the gunk.
  • Had everthing but Surgery. But I am leary. I also have permanent Nerve Damage in my back which also goes down my L and R Legs so not sure for the outcome also have heard people still had problems and pain after surgery for the Stenosis. I really do not want to feel like I am 20-30 yrs older than what I really am the rest of my life. I had this situation for 2 years being treated when is it going to be fixed or over! This is my experience. I can only walk 1-1 1/2 blocks before it really starts with alot of pain or to where I can not stand walking or standing. This is just so crazy for me. I have in the past Physically helping my 100% Handicapp sister that is younger than me and now with this it is killing me because I can not really help her now with hardly anything.