Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain, Pain, and More Pain

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Chronic Pain
Do any of you have days when it feels like your whole body hurts? Feels like it's the inside of your bones aching? I feel like someone is tightening a band around my hips. I'm just whining again. You know they say misery loves company. At least when I'm on here I know I'm not alone with my pain. Thanks for listening.

• I have felt like this for the last few days. I always tell my hubby that I feel like someone beat me with a bat and left me for dead..... But unfortunetly if I was beatin with a bat the pain would eventually go away and it doesn't. :(

I am sorry you are in pain and you are not whining. This is the place to come and talk about it for sure. :)
  • I am with you Debbie , you are not alone in your battle, feels like the insides of every bone in you body hurts and then some!
  • You can do your whining here any time. One good thing is we all know the pain you going threw. I just wish I could take away all the pain. But since i can't so I'll just give every body a big big

(((((((((((((((( >:D< ))))))))))))))))0
  • I too understand the pain situation. I have a touch of the flu hacking, coughing and slight temp. just enough to feel really yucky that intensefy the pain I already have. I have to go to work in an hour. I have already been off work due to really bad pain from just walking(I gues that's why)over the weekend. This also intensifies my epstien barr. (|:
    Better days ahead to all :W
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    there are days when everything hurts right down to your fingernails. And a couple of days later, you feel better (and you didnt do anything to change that)

Sometimes we are the Pigeon
    And other times we are the Statue.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I like that one. I also like the "sometime's we're the windshield and sometimes we're the bug" one, too.

Debbie, sorry you're having one of "those" days. It really does feel like the flu. On those days, you need to keep warm and comfortable while doing your favorite activity while doing this - watching TV or a movie, reading, playing on the laptop or sleeping.

You do whatever you have to to get through this day, my friend. I have a feeling that stress might be playing a part in what you're feeling. Maybe an extra muscle relaxant might help.

I'm sending you a big hug!
  • We've all been there,( I'm currently "there" right now). As Cath said, whatever you have to do to to get through your day. Makes me think of the song, not sure by who (I was just a "baby" Ha!) but it went "whatever gets you through the night, its allright, its allright....
    Heres wishing you better days ahead. Also, theres no need to excuse yourself for "whining", here it is OK, we GET IT.

Oh, Ron, I like the pidgeon and statue saying. I need to remember that one!
  • Debbie I hear what you are saying,I've been feeling like that lately also.Maybe in a day or so things will be better for you.Sorry that you hurt so bad.I'm sick of the cold,I need a warm sunny day!Hope everyone is having a good day.Mark
  • yes hun ...all the time
    tony x
  • Howdy Debbie,

Yeppers, "Been there, done that, still have the shirt!" What bites is when a megga pain day (or days) come and you have no idea what the heck caused it! That adds to the frustration! My ouchie day was last Friday. Did nothing unusual, and killer zings. I hope you are feeling better soon. Gentle HUG!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey. ~Kenji Miyazawa

Hey, do you all want to go to the moon with me????????? lol.

Thank you all so much for your comfort on days like these. You're all a great bunch of friends to have. I know there are better days ahead for us all. It's the bad days that make us appreciate the good right?
    Hope you're all having a great day. Thanks again.

• I hope you are having a better day today.

You are absolutely right... when we have really bad days, it sure makes us appreciate and enjoy the good days!

I'm having a rough time of it today, as I over-did it yesterday with my daughter's 10th birthday. I was doing just fine up until we went to the pizza place for dinner and games. I thought the pain would subside once we got home and I layed down, but the nausea waves got the best of me. My back is so sore from throwing-up and my ribs are killing me.

Tomorrow will be a better day... :)

Hang in there and as you can see, you have a lot of support and well wishes from so many great spiney friends! We know what it's like and really do empathize with you.

Take good care,

Tammy >:D<
  • Hey everyone,as usual I'm so sorry you all have to deal with this ugly thing called Pain.I've had a few really bad days this week myself,But I am absolutly positive I will feel better soon!!Gotta keep that positive outlook,ya know?And Debbie maybe Nasa has a old Space shuttle at a good price.Yall be nice to yourselves! Peace and Love.Mark
  • Yep, I feel like this every single day - it's just that some days (fortunately) aren't quite so bad as others. Deep aching inside my bones (at least that's what it feels like), bones grinding together, burning nerve pain, the stenosis making it feel like there's a vice tightening around my whole lower back. Chronic pain ain't for sissies, that's for sure!
    Sorry you've had a bad week. Hope it gets better soon. I'm positive you will!
    I'll check on that shuttle...anyone else can go too. lol.
    I've had a much better day today. I've been outside (yay it warmed up) and got my mind off of everything for awhile. It helps when the sun shines doesn't it? I've had cabin fever!
    Take care Mark and feel good.
    I'm a sissie...that's why this ain't for me! lol. I hope you're having a good day. You're right, the pain is always there just worse some days than others. Some days I think I can just tolerate it better mentally. Today was a good day so I'm thankful.
    Hope you have lots of good days ahead.
    Take care,
  • It also warmed up here today too...a heatwave of 55!!But ofcourse I had to work all day.I do seem to feel a little better today.I wonder if there is no gravity if that means no pain...hmmm. Everyone have a good weekend,Peace and Love. Mark
  • Cheers, Debbie! Hope you are having a relatively good day today.
  • Some days are good, some days are bad and some are just plain ugly!! I sure hate the ugly days don't you? The only good thing about the ugly days....they make the good days seem so much better than they actually are.
    Today was sunny and the temp above freezing for the first time in weeks and not one snowflake fell!! It's been a good day...pain was down to"normal".
    Hope you are feeling better.
    Sending a hug.... >:D<
    Patsy W
  • because over here in the dull uk i too am having the week from spine hell .good description huggy .deep aching lower back thingy!!
    have any of you tried to exercise then found that you are so much worse afterwards? i ask because i like to swim and this week i have been two times and i feel so bad now i dont think i will be going for a long time .
  • Hi Debbie. A couple days ago my legs felt like lead, acheing and so heavy, anchored to the ground. I just couldn't muster any energy all day. It felt like someone amped up the gravity pull! It scared me cuz I've been much better since lumbar fusion 2 years ago. I was better the next day, but I definitely plan to join you on the moon!!!

Faith M
  • The evening last night watching a guy shovel snow off my roof, cause I no longer could just do it myself.
    That hurts almost as much as the pain, from the weather and trying to get some of the snow/ice off the edges of the roof the night before.
    $225 later and at least the water has stopped running down my dining room wall. I figure I have another 2-3 days before I get me pain to calm donw, SCS or not, when I overdo I get to pay for it. In this case twice...

I hope everyone gets to enjoy what we had here yesterday and today, sunshine!!!

I have to work :( My wife and son are throwing socks full of calcium chloride up on the section of roof the guy would not attempt as it is to steep. The news people say this will do the trick. If it doesn't we will have an interesting looking roof anyway! I did think to have her put empty water bottles capped in one end of the stocking/sock, so it won't go down the downspout if it makes it that far.

We have more storm fronts heading towards us tomorrow night and Monday. I am praying for warm temps and straight rain.
  • There's nothing but snow and cold here and the hardware in my back is letting me know that it prefers the warm weather. We won't have any until the end of next week.

I can't drive in this weather (because some driver might get real stupid and cause an accident) so I'm stuck inside and am developing some cabin fever. I do go walk my little Wally in the park every day, but it doesn't help much.

Do others feel like it's a stupid idea to drive when there's snow on the streets because you can't trust other drivers, therefore keeping us holed up inside?
  • B) Sending of you some of my Florida sunshine. I actually have the air conditioning on in the house tonight. It's been a nice week here with temps in the 50's and 60s but today it got up in the 70's.

I definitely think the sun warming you body would help your pain and your psyches.

I liked Faith's explanation of how her legs felt -- like the gravitational pull would suck her into the ground -- that's what my legs feel like some days -- yep, the moon would be a great place -- just floating around -- aah!

I know you got some sunshine since you originally posted Debbie so hope you're feeling better!

• Sometimes I ache so bad that it seems like the flu. The aching plays tricks on my mind, makes me feel crazy. The low back pain causes me to "guard" and tighten all my other muscles with out realizing it. I have been trying some relaxation techniques, but it doesn't come naturally to me!

The weather changes are awful and here in coastal Tx, the weather changes all the time! Yesterday shorts and tshirts with temps in the 70's, tomorrow a cold front, high in the low 40's and a good chance of a dusting of snow! Ugh! I ache do my toenails!

Hang in there everyone! Shari
  • Most of us can tell from our pain when the weather is going to change. And Cath, you are so right about being afraid to get hit by a stupid, careless driver. Ever since this happened and my fusion I am very reluctant to have anyone else drive me anywhere. I also avoid bad weather days and holiday traffic. I trust myself mostly because I am a driver by profession, a school bus driver. And we are very well trained and tested constantly.

So it really gets to me that right now I can't drive at all because I fell (numbness in left leg) and tore my ACL in the right knee.

But like you I still manage to take my Rosie for a walk every day if it is not slippery. Your dog is beautiful. Is that Wally? The photo of my dog you see is Kya. She was sent to get me through all this. When my back worsened, she was a pup who made me laugh and stayed by my side always. As I recovered she started to limp. We found out she had a degenerative spine disease. We even tried a wheelchair, hydrotherapy, massage and meds. All to no avail. By her third birthday we had to send her over the rainbow bridge. I now have Rosie, she makes me laugh and she is a very bright Border Collie/Black Lab mix. I am trying to teach her to help me, pick up things, etc. keeps me busy too.

Sorry I went on so long, it seems alot of us Spineys are also dog lovers.

Take care,

Donna :H

This discussion has been closed.