Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd caudal esi in 10 days-need a hug

kathyykkathyy Posts: 580
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Depression and Coping
57. Used to be a top runner. Stopped running at 45. Then became a master gardener. Lost my mom who was my best friend about 16 months ago. My brother-in-law less than a year ago. Now, 5 grandchildren and I have to take serious drugs just to be able to be a good grandmother to them.

Today - 2nd caudal. Have had 3 previous esi's and a 3 level rfa (l4-L5). Usually a tolerate esi's pretty well but this one the doc had do "noodle around" to find the sweet spot (on florouscopy) to get the maximum spread. I'm in pain and feeling sorry for myself and tired of being so brave. There are times I want to give up. Today is one.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm having a good cry as I type this. I feel like a 3 yr old child who just wants a hug.

• Sorry you are feeling so down today. Missing people we love, continued pain and changes in our lives just gets too much sometimes. We all understand. I'm sure you are a wonderful grandma and those little kids just love you so much. Sending you a hug and a wish for a brighter day tomorrow. Naida
  • Hang in there girl! I have had many caudal injections and would select those over the epidural injections because I got such better relief! You are correct, the after effects are painful! BTW fuss at your PM for not telling you, but ice helps! Ice is your best friend! My hubby would stay up with me and help me to ice, every hour for 20 minutes for the first 12-24 hours and I would take pain and muscle relaxer meds. After the initial pain goes away, the relief is fabulous!! I always tried to get them on Friday and I would just watch a lot of TV. Grab your ice pac girlfriend and you should feel better soon. Feel free to PM me if you like :-)
  • here are a few hugs, a couple for now and a few to put away for later! We are all here for you! I agree with Naida, loss of loved ones + pain = need for some love! What a blessing to have grandchildren who are the epidemy of unconditional love. You know that you would do things differently, if you felt better, but they don't! To them, you're the best! Hang in there, we are all here for you! Shari
  • Hug coming your way-hang in there,we are here for you!Jeannie
  • >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hope you're feeling better today. I'm going next week for mine. Kind of nervous too hope this new Dr. I have does a good job. It's hard when they're finding the right spot. We don't have fluoroscope here so it's just skill I'm relying on. hugs. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am so sorry you are feeling so badly. I know how it sucks to have to take meds just to try to be a grandmother. I am there with you. You have been through so much the last couple years. You deserve to cry if you want. It helps, I do it every once in a while. But on a lighter note. Know that I am thinking of you and hoping that you can get some relief from this last procedure. Anytime you need a shoulder, I will be there for you! Take care of you, and think of those grandkids and it will help to put the smile back on your face..Love, Robin PS Consider yourself hugged! >:D<