Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having a bad day

ScottiegalSScottiegal Posts: 106
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I went out for lunch today and on the way home we got stuck in a traffic jam - well beyond my sitting endurance! Now as well as feeling like I have a thick pole stuck up my back, I feel like I have one across my back from hip to hip. I've retreated back to bed and had supper standing up!

As if the day couldn't get any worse we found out today that one of our Scotties has a very aggressive cancer and may not last the week. He's very special to me as he was my first homebred wheaten (a rare colour in Scotties) and he is a South African Champion and Best of Breed winner. I'm just fed up of it all.

• Double whammy - that sucks.

Are you making sure you are staying ontime with your meds? I know that once I hit that wall (the sitting limit wall) I would have to just go lay down and sleep and hope it felt better in the morning.

As for your pup - I feel for you - we lost our Golden a few years ago and I've not been able to consider ever replacing her, she just meant too much to us. Hang in there and give him lots and lots of love.
  • Scottie-I am so sorry--do you by any chance keep your meds with you when you are out?I keep mine in my purse---I am so very sorry about your canine baby---give him lots and lots of hugs and kisses-that will help you both--I hope tomorrow is a better day for you-Jeannie
  • I'm so sorry to all for your pain! Pets give us such unconditional love, becoming a part of our family and help our healing!Give him lots of love and spend some quiet time just holding him. Know that when the time comes, he will then be painfree and chasing butterfly's in a beautiful meadow :-) I hope today is a better day scottiegal! we are here for you! Shari
  • Scottie Gal,

I'm sorry for your pain. The emotional pain makes it so much harder to deal with the physical, and vice versa. I had my own meltdown the other day; we can only deal with so much.

When its time to say goodbye to your beloved dog (you too Colleen) at least may you be comforted knowing they won't be in pain any longer.

Wishing for better days for you,
  • I feel so bad for you right now. Not only are you hurting, you are dealing with the heartbreak of a terminal ill dog, which is not just a dog, but a member of your family. I have 4 dogs and would hate to loose any of them, they are such comfort and diversion when you are in pain.
    I understand the sitting and hurting. I face that everytime I am in a vehicle. It takes a bit to recover from. I hope today finds it better for you. I am thinking of you and hoping for better days ahead. And give that Scottie a big hug from me too, poor thing. Take Care, Love Robin

• So sorry about your pain and the very sad news of your dog.
    Stress certainly does make our pain worse.

I agree, cuddle the Scottie and try to remember the happy times you have had together.

I really hope that you feel better soon and will be thinking of you.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    So sorry to hear about your doc. That kind of stress does not help the recovery process so please be kind to yourself and rest as much as you can, etc.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • My back is doing much better. My family is busy cleaning the house. Such a shame that I have to lie in bed and not help them. Hee hee

Peter Pooch is doing better, so we'll just take things a day at a time.