Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So Depressed....

caitycccaityc Posts: 268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:41 AM in Pain Medications
I also posted a topic "Coming off the meds". It has been one week now, and I am tired, still have flu like symptoms, and feel sooo depressed. I know these are typical withdrawl symptoms, but it's just sucking the life out of me. The back pain is bad enough as it is, then coupled with all of these other things. I just don't know how much more I can take. :''(

I have an appointment with my PM doc March 10th. At that point he is re-examing me, and hopefully putting me back on my meds. He says he's doing this to make sure the Norcos weren't masking any other pain I'm having. I guess that makes sense, but looking at my MRI and X-Ray isn't enough?

Thank you for taking the time to read and post. I really appreciate it. Only you guys know how difficult this struggle is. I have friends, that despite the fact I tell them what the doc is doing, are like "great, good for you! You don't need those meds.". I don't even begin to try to explain it to them. Thank goodness my husband and kids understand.

• Caity,

I am sorry that you are feeling this way. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon. I wish your appointment was a wee bit sooner. Believe it or not, if you can find a quiet place, try crying and letting some of it out. I know sounds weird to some, but crying is a great releaser of stress, and it might help you feel better if even for a short time.

If you can, try some exercise to see if your bodies "natural drugs" can help. I don't know your physical condition, so I am just offering here. I can otherwise let you know that I and many on this site are with you and supporting you. Big Gentle HUG you way. Please don't give up. *HUGZZZZZZZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I do a lot of crying, no shame in that. :) I cry to myself, cry to my husband. Cry as I apologize to my kids that I am the way I am.

I wish I could exercise, but I can't. It causes too much pain. You can see all my issues on my signature.

I just can't wait til I'm past all this. This is such a terrible way to live. Back pain, on top of flu symptoms, depression.... Wow! It's just a lot to take!

Thanks again for your >:D<

I really appreciate it!

• I'm sorry to see you under the weather as well as no pain medications. I hope you can get in sooner to your PM Dr. It seems longer than a month that he wanted to stop all your pain meds. I hope you're feeling better soon. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    some very good medicine for us. Just as smiling and laughter can be good.

Knowing what we all have to deal with (and no two people deal with things the same), have an emotional outlet is very important.

What always worries me, are the people that keep things inside and do not show their emotions. To me, those are the type of people that will have more stress and problems.

Crying is just the opposite end of Smiling!
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Charry, yes, I actually attempted it the first time around january 24th. That was my last pill. By the 28th, I was over board with detox symptoms. So he gave me a med to help with withdrawl, and another 20 5-325 Norcos, to help me taper off again. So last Sunday was my last pill. And he wants to see me when I've been off 3 weeks. So when I see him March 10th, it'll just be over 3 weeks.

Ron, I totally agree with you. Crying for me is so theraputic. Sometimes I'll just be sitting on the couch with my hubby, and I look over at him and I just start crying. I get overwhelmed with how crappy I feel, and the water works just start.

Thank you again everyone. I really don't know what I would do without you guys. :(

• Thinking about you this morning hon, March 10th cannot come soon enough I know. You are so strong to be doing this. Prayers and hugs
  • You're very Welcome Caity! I wish I could do more for ya! At least your not letting it bottle up, that is good - gets rid of some salt those tears too huh? ;-)

Just re-read your signature. Yeah, for 35, I would have to agree, lots going on there! It sounds like your hubby is in your corner, so that might be half the battle right there! It sounds like you might be a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for!!! *HUGZ* Will keep you in my thoughts woman!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • To top it off, now I have continuous sciatic pain in my right leg! I always have what I call "intermittent" sciatic pain when standing, etc. But this is not going away. My leg gets "tingly" too. It feels numb, but I can feel it, if that makes sense? When I'm not moving it, it feels tingly and like a "dead" leg, but I can move it, and feel it when I touch it. It's just weird!

The withdrawl part of all of this seems to be coming to an end though. So that's good. :)

Through all this though I have to admit that I took my pain meds for granted. I still have pain even with the meds, which I really let get me down. It's nothing compared to what the pain is now without the meds! I will never take my meds for granted again!!!

Thank you all again so much for your support. I just had a good crying session with my husband, and am feeling a bit better. I used to LOVE to dance. I danced in the car, the shower, commercials on TV, at clubs with my girlfriends, in my garage on a Friday night. I miss it! :( I just don't think I will be able to ever dance again. Another one of lifes realizations I guess. :(

• I know people will be mad at me but..... Go to Drugs.com forum do a search on the Thomas Registry! Give it a try. And although many there are former addicts they still are experiencing withdraw sypmtoms and will be glad to give you support and work along side you with the exact same feelings.

Good luck. Robert123 is the man to open your heart to.
  • You can have my shoulder to cry on any time you need it. You ae going through a rough time, and I know that a good cry can release alot of tension that builds up in me. Take care, and I am sending a big hug! >:D< Love, Robin
  • thank you so much for the recommendation! Actually, the physical withdrawl is pretty much over. It's just difficult going through the pain without my meds. :( I literally spend all day on the recliner. I am being so carful not to aggravate it, because I am so screwed if I do. :)

Robin, thanks girlfriend! I know you have always been there for me, and I appreciate it so much! Cyber hugs feel so good!! :) Just 12 more days before I see my PM! Woot woot!! Thank goodness the flu symptoms, shakes, chills, etc are gone! That was a tough week! My poor husband and kiddos went through it right with me. The poor people!

Thanks again for everything guys! I really, really, really appreciate it!