Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Micro D and home already

gaj399ggaj399 Posts: 270
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a microdiscectomy on the 25th and I'm home the next day. Just got around to posting now though. Some of you may remember that I had other symptoms besides L3-4 and posted awhile ago about that. Turns out I had scar tissue pressing on nerves from my last surgery. My NS did what he could to clean things out while he was doing the Micro D. So far so good. Lets hope everything works out good. Once again thanks for your thoughts and advice.

• Good luck in your recovery.

Did he used Anti-Adhesion Gel this time?
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Wishing you a good and speedy recovery

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Remember to take it easy and don't try to do too much too soon. And it will be even more important for you to walk. In your case, it might be smart to try to walk five to ten minutes each hour or two. This will keep the spinal nerves stretched out, and this will help to prevent the scar tissue from attaching.

Scar tissue will always grow in to fill the void. That is the body's way of dealing with "empty space." The only thing you can do is to influence how it grows in...and you do that by walking. It is more important to walk frequently than worry about time or distance. The idea is to get the legs moving so the tissue cannot stick to the nerves.

Good luck. Hopefully this time will be the charm.

• Good luck with recovery.
    I swear the walking is key.
    This time I've been walking and it's making me feel better.

Take your time.
  • keano16 My NS told me he used something for the scar tissue. I was still pretty out of it to remember what.

I know the pain really came on about noon yesterday. Anyone who tells you Micro D is not painfull is giving you a line of bologna.

Once again thanks all for your help and thoughts