Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ESI ? after

miammia Posts: 72
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Spinal Injections
Hi, I had an ESi for my left leg and low back, or so I thought.Maybe it was only for my leg.Anyway,I got the shot,did real well,it hurts but good grief it was in my spine* :O So, I went back in 3 weeks for another shot to boost the last one.Yes, I had started back with leg pain again.I got home and went to lay down.My low back started throbbing like nobody's bussiness!I mean I cried.I take Kadian and Roxycodone.I immediately got up and took the roxycodone.I have been having the throbbing pain ever since.I don't go back until end of March.I can handle it with my pain meds but can not skip any now from the pain.I have had 4 of these shots now,each time 2 at a time,within 3 weeks of eachother and at about 3 months apart.What could be causing my low back throb now?I am wondering if my leg hurt so bad it took focus off my low back for awhile?Is that even possible?I ahve been in pain since 1997 you would think I would know better by now what is going on but I am not a doctor,guess that's why I still go to one...ahhh well, am going nutso here now.Pain is getting worse keeping me up at night,day,in between....you know.....sorry,I get on a rant every so often...thanks

• If this pain is new to you, I would call the doctor's office where you had the ESI for their opinion.

Best wishes,

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    I agree. Maybe he missed his spot or hit a nerve on the way in!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Thank you Mari and Jim, I will call them tomorrow as it is to late today.It is new pain.The throbbing is very unusual.Last night I felt like tiny little feet were running all over inside my body and not letting me relax.It was very strange.I have had jerking reactions in the past but this is different.I use a CPAP for sleep apnea,I think apnea has a lot to do with the jerking motions.(my opinion)
    Anyway, thanks again, good suggestions,I should have done that already....