Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and seeking support and friends. :)

CafeAulaitCCafeAulait Posts: 7
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in New Member Introductions
Been diagnosed with DDD and DJD recently. Wanting to learn more about pain med options, herbals, vitamins etc. Prefer natural remedies when possible.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Welcome to spine health. You'll find plenty of friends and support here. We're here to help in any way we can. What kind of treatments or meds have you tried if any? I'm still looking for a magic pill myself. lol. Hopefully we'll all find one someday.

Again welcome to the forum.
  • I'm sorry to hear you have DDD and DJD. In the health articles here there's a good description on DDD cascade. I have DDD and treatment I use is an infrared platinum heating pad and it's comfotable while sitting. I use it on my back and leg. Acupuncture helped relax me a little but is only short lived. My Pain Management Dr. gave me a package which includes anti-inflammatory foods such as pumpkin and orange juice. I've misplaced the package or else I would write more foods that have an anti-inflammatory effect. Also I take a multivitamin/multimineral. I also have a small massage machine like a TENs unit that helps and an acupressure board and a decompression belt. However I need to take pain medications and spinal injections also. I hope you find something to help with pain management. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for the welcome!

I was on narcotic meds for five year and after weaning from them decided to try medical marijuana and have found better pain relief. I actually felt that after a certain point, that the narcotic pain meds contributed to my pain more than relieved it.

I use a spinal alignment pillow to sit on and have found it helpful. I take 600 mg Ibuprofen for pain along with the mmj.
  • It sounds like you are on the right track towards relieving your pain.

I would worry about taking too much ibuprofen on a daily basis because of the effects on your organs.

Good luck and keep us posted.