Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going to the doc to straighten out my meds!

MelWMMelW Posts: 427
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Chronic Pain
Wish me luck!!! I have all of my stuff together, I think :) Hopefully I didn't forget anything. Seems as though lately I forget a lot more than I used to, not sure if it is the pain, meds, or both... Anyway, I printed off all of my appointments I have had for the last year and a half from my Outlook calendar, typed up all meds, procedures, and doctors names, addresses, and who they are with, put who wrote me what scripts next to each med, printed FMLA paperwork, MRI and CT scan reports, and I think that is everything. Lord I hope this goes good, I think I may breakdown if not, my pain is sky high recently and I did not get any sleep last night so I am not too peachy today. I so do not want this whole "doctor shopping" thing in my file. I really feel like it will be fine once I sit down and talk to him and get it all straightened out. I know the lady that called me from his office shouldn't have been rude, but I do see the doctor's point. When you pull my scripts from the pharmacy it does look bad if you do not know what I have been through. The only thing that sucks is my neuro and PM were supposed to have been sending all this info to my gp so I did not get into a mess like this. Oh well, too late now I guess.

And I have an appointment rescheduled for the new pain doc for 3/15/10. I so hope they get me on something that helps my pain. I do not want more injections though and I have heard they like doing those. I have already had more than I can count and they did not help. I think I am coming to the realization that I am going to be in pain and need to figure out how to manage it not find a cure. Wow, that was hard to say. :)

• I hope tomorrow work out for you.We all know how bad the pain can be.Also when you see your PM DR ask about the SCS. It won't fix what is wrong with you But it will make living a bit easlier.

• Hope it all works out. I think I'm gonna try something new too. I had a rough time in Vegas cuz I wanted to do everything and boy I paid for it. Well that and lots of stress. My dad got put in the hospital and they think he has a colon cancer, but that's another story. Good luck..
  • Remember, "If you're a hammer, your world is nails."

You will find out about your PM's preferred tools if you ask. Tell him/her what you are doing, what you have done in the past, its effectiveness and side effects with which you do not wish to live. Then you can consider possible alternatives, together.

Spam link not allowed. Removed by authority member, Cath111.
  • I hope you are able to come to an understanding with your doctor and also get some help with your pain! Will be looking for your report on this visit. :)

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Well I am happy to say that my gp is awesome and we got the whole med situation talked out. He just wanted to make sure I was not getting meds from multiple doctors. :-) he switched my anxiety med so hopefully that will help soon. All went well for once. Now hopefully it does with the new pm doc!
  • Nothing beats talking face-to-face with the doctor who cares for you. Not that every doctor is nice and accommodating, but most of them are very reasonable. Best wishes with your PM visit!

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Thanks all! It was so nice to go in and finally meet him. He was so awesome and very easy to talk to, I was suprised. I am normally a little intimidated by doctors when I first meet them. He was real understanding of everything and said I had been through a lot, and still am, and that he understands how this stuff can get away from us. I felt so much better when I left.

Has anyone ever been on Lexapro??? He took me off of my Prozac, because I am having major panic/anxiety attacks while on it, and he wants me to try Lexapro. From what I have read it is the most potent SSRI out there right now. It is comparable to Celexa, which is what my son takes and it has really helped him a lot. I always get so nervous switching meds!

He was telling me a story about one of his patients, just to give me an example of why they worry about who all is giving us scripts for narcotics and why they keep track of it. He said this one family he sees, son, dad, and aunt, all are alcoholics and all hooked on pain meds. He said the son, who is 19, came to him wanting to get off of the pain meds, told him he gets them mostly off the street. I guess his aunt will intentionally break bones to get pain meds! Are you serious???? That is scary that people do that! Anyway, the son wants off the pain meds because he sees what his family goes through to get them. I told my doc that I would gladly give them up in a heart beat if I could handle the pain on a daily basis. it is scary sometimes what people will do....
This discussion has been closed.