Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Causing even more pain in my Back

adambaadamb Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I also posted this in Insurance section but I am looking for any information or help.
The stress of this is starting to get to me, causing more pain. I would think an Insurance company would help you out make life easier to keep you out of pain and keep stress to a minimum. Insteasd with all the crap they are putting me through it makes things worse, causing more pain.

Anyway my intentions are to get some help?

I just moved to NC Wilmington area, I spent about 6 weeks or so looking for a Dr. that would accept California W/comp. Finally got to see a Dr. at Duke Medical Clinic three hrs away. So since I cant keep that up I need a Local Dr. who accepts california Work Comp. I am getting no help from anyone, Dr.'s in the area my lawyer and my adjuster since they are unfamiliar with the area. If you can help me out please let me know. I have been told also many times that certain Dr.'s accept Work Comp but when they find out it is California they tell me they cant see me. I have like no pain meds, and My cymbalta is all out. SO I may have to pay out of pocket for it unless I want to go through withdrawls... Thanks to anyone with advice


  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    Work comp. is insurance from an insurance co. that is usually nation wide. Your adjuster should refer you to another adjuster close to where you are.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • I was going to ask if the California comp can recommend at least 3 local doctors.

    If not, can your prior doctor where the injury occurred call in another prescription for you? Or, can you find a PCP (primary care) that is covered by this comp to temporarily help you?

    I think there are a few drugs that they will not call in without seeing you but I didn't think Cymbalta was one of them. I know you need an 'active' doctor visit to get valium or percaset.

    When you call Calif. Comp place...ask them if you end up in the ER, will they cover it b/c it sounds like that might be another option.
  • anytime I have asked for a Dr. Ref. they say tell me they dont know any Dr.'s here in N.C. Believe me it is the worse W/c Ins. to deal with. They do what they want and pay when they want.
  • SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    You'd likely have to retain the same WC adjuster as the person must be familiar with the laws of the state in which your claim was made. However, if they also do claims in the state you are in I would wonder if they would have a list, the problem is they might not be able to recommend doctors as it would be against their own processes.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Can they transfer your case to a 'partner' company?
    Did you always live in a different state or did you move? I'm just curious if you moved after the injury b/c of affordability or if you always lived somewhere different. It seems nutty that there is no provision to help you.

    I understand how Workman's Comp works a bit b/c I have a friend that is a WC lawyer so they do need someone in the state that is familiar with the doctors in that state as well as the law in that state. I'm just surprised that they can't transfer the case.

    I guess the next question is...for treatment will they pay for you to return periodically to CA for treatment? I'm guessing if you chose to move, no but it might be worth a try.

    Good luck. I'm trying to think of other options.
    The only other one I can think of is there a clinice in CA that will work as a remote conultation with your local doctor and the remote Consultation clinic can submnit the claims?
Sign In or Register to comment.