Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

31 yo Lumbar fusion have some ?'s

aliciav78aaliciav78 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
OK I am 31 and I was healthy before I got hurt. I was shoveling snow last Feb and when I stood up I had pain.I had rt back and rt leg pain into my foot. I did a year of PT and my local back doctor just kept pumping me with pills.He had me on 180 mg a day of oyxocodone a day and 25 mg patch of Fentanol. I went to Boston and had surgery done on March 1st 2010. This was the only doctor who would do it BECAUSE of my age. He is the head surgeon in Boston. I had a lower lumbar fusion. He went in through my stomach and took out the disc and put a metal cage in and did a bone graph then put the screws and rods in. He did l5-s1. So I went home the next day, ( MY CHOICE). It has been 5 days now and I still cant pass stool, is this normal. I am up and walking and doing some stairs as they said to. I have the worst stomach pain.. When should this get better?? I hope someone has had this done and can give me some help... Thanks A