Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

what to do???

lincanllincan Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi I am a newbie to this site - In Feb. 05 I had lumbar fusion on L5-S1 and Microdisk - L3-4 - I did ok until April of 08 when I started having problems with my left leg and foot - ended up having lumbar laminectomy on L3-4 - L4-5 - well, it is now March of 2010 and I am having some more issues with my left leg and foot - I am in process of getting orthodics but foot Dr. says he believes it might be from my back again - Before my surgeries I had MRI's, Myelogram, Nerve test done on my leg, physical therapy - you name it I had it done - In the meantime I had lost my job and my insurance - I just started new job and am currently paying for my own health insurance - Unfortunately, since my back was a preexisting condition they will not cover anything until 12 months of having this insurance and that won't be til October of 2010 - I am currently back on Neuroton for the nerves and am taking Tylenol arthritis (I do have degenerative disease also)- I was active with exercise but that now just aggravates the condition - was wondering if anyone knows of another alternative to help and something that would not be costly because I cannot afford to even get tests done nor do I want to have another surgery done.

Thanks so much for your time and maybe someone out there can give me some other ideas.

• Welcome to Spine-Health.
    I am sorry I do not have any answers to your problems but just wanted to welcome you.
    I am sure a lot of members will help in any way they can. I am also sure you will learn a lot and make wonderful friend here just as I have. This is a great site and great people.
    Best of luck.
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • have you checked to see if your county or state might be able to help you with this since it is pre existing? I know that my state has a special type of insurance that will help you in the case of pre existing.

It will probably be well worth your while to get checked out and make sure that it is not too serious.

Some issues will only get worse if they are not treated promptly and of course you would not want to end up with any type of nerve damage.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • I would suggest one thing,if you are low income sometimes a hospital or doctor might reduce your bill or take payments......
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. be sure and check out university medical centers. they often do work free of charge as alot of it is done by interns under the leadership of a doctor. good luck and stop by anytime. :D Jenny :)