Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

keeps getting better!

gethealthyggethealthy Posts: 303
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I passed my 7 month mark. I'm told I have 5 more months before I feel 100%. I'm so much better than I thought I would be at 7 months.

I'm back working and loving it. I can't teach my aerobic classes but I'm able to work on other projects for my business.

I did 3 months with an amazing PT and now am working with a massage therapist that knows his stuff. I'm confidant that he's going help me return to my new best.

My new massage therapist gives me at home projects. He's taught me how to massage the muscles in my neck to help me get more range of motion. He also taught me to massage my scalp. He says that helps to relax my neck muscles.

I don't ever want to go through this again but I have to say it's enhanced my life. I've learn sooo much going through the after math of the surgery. I was able to let go of all control. I had to. I wasn't able to do much for myself. I was never able to do that before. I'm a real control freak. I've mellowed since my surgery.

Just want to let folks know that many people do benefit from surgery.

• So happy for you Lynn and positive experiences like your's helps us all.

Yeah the aftermath of the surgery isn't the best, but like you, I'm getting my life back again.

Wishing you all the best Lynn.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • That is awesome Lynn! Thank you for taking the time to post! Your post makes me smile! I am so happy for you and your story inspires me as I too am a bit controlling. I definately do things a set way (which of course is the best way) and I have to let go and let others do it, and guess what? It gets done! :)

Thanks for posting and i wish you the best! Shari
  • I try to check in once a day to keep ties with this forum. It was my life line during my first few months.

Not all the info was comforting because it's hard to hear people who are in pain and aren't getting the help they need but this is the only place I can go where people "get it".

I wish I could wave a magic wand and heal every one but that's just my controlling side jumping in LOL I'm learning that there's a reason for everything and I have to do what I can but also allow life to handle the situation. ugggg!

Thanks for talking to me. I appreciate it!
  • Lynn, your post is fantastic! I'm so glad you are doing well and better than you expected at month 7. You are beyond the 1/2 way point of a year long recovery.

I love what you said about "control freak". This is one thing I'm learning. I'm ready to change my life in regards to how I approach work and things in general. Of course, in healing, I need my job so I can't let go so fast. But I'm glad that you have found a positive out of what is a tough situation.

Your words are very encouraging to a fellow control freak in recovery!

• It is great to hear that you are well on the way to getting your life back.

I think I'm going to have to relax about how things are done at home after my surgery in 2 weeks time. It is frustrating to not be able to do things in the way we want, but it will be impossible after surgery.
    It won't be the end of the world if things are done differently.

I think I am about to learn the same lesson that you have learnt.
  • From the info on the base of your messages it sounds like you're going to have a big surgery!

I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

I learned to close my eyes a lot when my husband cleaned the house. I had to hire a house keeper after he went back to work and I had to shut my mouth with her to. I prefer to take care of my own house.

I'm back to all my own house keeping and I LOVE cleaning house now.

I hope you can relax and let things go for a bit. The time goes by fast and then you'll appreciate being able to do things 10 fold!