Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

info on ssd

marks107mmarks107 Posts: 89
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:42 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello everyone.I'm not sure where to post this,so I apologize if this is the wrong place.I was wondering how many here are on ssd and when you filed were you still working at the time you filed.My pain is getting to the point where it is very difficult to work.I can't afford to stop working and wait to see what happens.I have no LTD on my insurance.I know it takes quite sometime to be approved and I don't want to wait until I can't work any longer to get things underway.Thanks for any info you can provide.Take good care of yourselves.Mark
advertisement

Comments

• Contact your main Human Resource person to get FMLA forms to protect you if your need time off or out of leave time etc. They should give you a packet that you take to your doctor to fill out(only your dr can fill it out not an office person.
    Just thought this is for in the U.S. I don't know how it is handled in other countries.
    If your U.S. do it today if you can. You never know how soon you may need it.
    I just got mine back today from the dr made copies and its in the mail.
    Take care Mark
    >:D<

• marks107 said:
    Hello everyone.I'm not sure where to post this,so I apologize if this is the wrong place.I was wondering how many here are on ssd and when you filed were you still working at the time you filed.My pain is getting to the point where it is very difficult to work.I can't afford to stop working and wait to see what happens.I have no LTD on my insurance.I know it takes quite sometime to be approved and I don't want to wait until I can't work any longer to get things underway.Thanks for any info you can provide.Take good care of yourselves.Mark
    Mark,

A (sad) good percent who apply get turned down the first go around! If you are still gainfully employed, high chance you will be turned down. If you go to www.ssa.gov you will see the tab for disability application. There is also a FAQ where you will see that you basically can't be able to do almost any job! Not impossible though! You can also do most all of your application online as well.

Here is the crappy part; it can take anywhere from 6 months to 3 years to be approved! Each case is different, so of course it is hard to say if you would be approved first go around, and if so, how fast. I wish I had more definitive answers Mark. Go to the site and look around, read the FAQ etc. Please keep us posted. Take care. *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • You are right. It is very hard to get by sometimes when waiting for approval on SSD. Unfotunately you can not be working when you apply. You must be totally unable to work at the time that you apply.

Not everyone gets turned down and has to wait so long. Check out the insurance section for more info.

Good luck to you.
  • Thank you all for the info and all the support you give me and everyone else on this site.Finding spinehealth has really helped me tremendously.Maybe I will just win a couple million playing the lottery(fatchance)Yall all be good to yourselves and thanks again.Mark
  • Thank you all for the info and all the support you give me and everyone else on this site.Finding spinehealth has really helped me tremendously.Maybe I will just win a couple million playing the lottery(fatchance)Yall all be good to yourselves and thanks again.Mark
  • Sorry about multiples not sure what ha@pened.My bad.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.