Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

workers comp-employer-doctor????

hope4leohhope4leo Posts: 200
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Workers comp has not been a nightmare for me as it is for most. They have approved everything my neurosurgeon recommended and I have been on TDD for 6 months now and have no problem receiving benefits. Last Thursday my doctor released me from her care with no further visits/treatments (I had a level2 lumbar fusion on Sept 09) She released me with permanent restrictions. In Novemeber 09 she released me to return to work with temporary restrictions but my employer did not want accommodate them. I have an office job and 99% of my work work is done sitting at a computer. One of perm restrictions is that I can only sit 4 hrs of an 8 hr day. I have tried to get in touch with my adjuster for almost a week now, I have sent my employer my form 5, but no one is telling me anything. What happens if my employer doesnt accommodate the perm restrictions? I feel at such a loss right now- i have to work!! Does anyone have any advice or idea what will happen?? Boy, I could use something! ;O)

• I am glad to hear that work comp did so well by you. If your permanent restrictions are something your employer doesn't agree with they can release you from their employment. Most states are at will employment states or something close to it. Now one thing can protect you here depending on the type of work you have. Is it reasonable for you to stand to continue the remainder of your day? But I am going to guess that it is not sense they didn't accept restrictions back in November. The situation you are in is exactly how I lost my job, my employer wouldn't except the restrictions placed on me. They did not offer up light duty which is what you are considered when you can't return at your regular job. You need to becareful you don't end with a situation of job abandonment. I would contact your HR director and see what you are to do. Your adjuster works for the insurance company and really has nothing to do with the situation. You can also try to get the restriction lifted off of you. Your doctor release should end your TTD benefits. Now pending the state you live and how it works they may continue paying you PPD(permanent partial disability) if that is how your state laws work. If you are unable to return to your work this is where your STD and LTD would come into play. You don't want to get outside the window of a qualifying event, if they won't except your returning to work. Even though it is a workcomp injury you can still use now that work comp has stopped paying but you can't return to full-time employment.
  • First of all Tamtam is right. But foremost get yourself a workman comp attorney.Cause soon or later you will need one so soon is better. I been fighting W/C now for two years. And i know a few people that been fighting close to 4 years. So good luck. And I an sorry about your pain.

If you need any more infor just pm me

• You need to look for profesional help now.
    If you are trying to take care of this by your self
    is not going to happen.dealing with workers comp is not easy.get an Attorney soonest posible, good luck