Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stomach issues constantly...

I've been suffering from stomach issues for years now. Always heartburn, digestive issues.

I have been on Nexium for years it seems without feeling 100%.

Back last May09, I had my gallbladder removed as it wasn't working, 11%, so they say.
I've given up red meat, as it would kill me for days ever since the GB was removed.

Doesn't matter what I eat, from oatmeal to a simple cracker, I feel bloated and have heartburn/chest pain.

I know the chest pain isn't a cardiac issues, i've been to
the cardiologist several times over the past years with stress tests and blood work - still nothing heart related.

I have been taking a probiotic and it seems to be helping a little, but i'm still in pain.

Any advice?

• where do you feel the stomach pain? Or do you just get bloating and chest pain?
    Depending on where the stomach pain is will indicate different organs.
    Also what medication are you on and have you ever suffered from chronic reflux?
    Sorry to hear your suffering so badly although I wish I could use the line "i'm not fat i'm just bloated" :)
  • Hiya there - ty for answering me.

I'm at my wits end.

Seems more of my pain is upper esaph - dead center most times into the mid back and shoulders.

I'm on the purple pill - Nexium, either 20mg or 40mg, and mostly popping antacids at night time.

If I eat red meat, it's sooooo bad!!! I'm up all night long then... so the past 9 months, I have given up my favorites, burgers, steak, etc.

I'm just white poultry girl now! :)
  • doctor about having an endoscopy to see what's going on? It could be a few things but an ulcer comes to mind with what you're describing.
    Also if you suffer chronic reflux/regurgitation, the acid could have eating the lining in your eosophagus. All of these could be seen with and endoscopy.
    Obviously i'm not a doctor, but I would ask about the possibility of getting one done.
    Hope this helps
  • Hey! :) I've had several endo's in the past - they've found GERD and hiatal hernia. I had to push for a HIDA scan to find the GB issue.

Ill have to call again and speak to the GI .. maybe another endo is in my future, but just had one last April - it seems constant. Diet or no diet, any type of food aggravate things.. I was thinking celiac disease too.

• and shown all that I think you have your answer, perhaps do a little research on signs and symptoms of those disorders or check out the websites with forums of other like minded sufferers and see if they have the same problems.
    It may be as simple as changing your meds, if nexium is not cutting it then talk to your doctor about trialling other meds that may help.
    Also do a search on Barrett's oesophagus and see if the symptoms fit you.
    Really though, the best thing to do is visit your doctor and have a very long chat about your symptoms and ask him/her what they can do to help.
    Take care
  • TY Kylie... i'm going to call the GI again and ask.

• Still having gi issues the past few days.. today it's gurgling but am not running to the potty ;)

It feels achy -- unsure what that's all about .. Maybe some ginger ale will help!

I don't have all the symptoms of the barrett's esoph... so we'll see what the day next day or so brings...