Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

jacqueline b.jjacqueline b. Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi Everyone,

I was just diagnosed with diffuse idopathic skeletal hyperostosis. Anyone else out there in the same position? It is a form of degenerative arthritis that is often missed on x-ray unless it is being looked for. In short, the ligaments and tendons of the spine are becoming hard or calcifying. Bone spurs are very common with this disorder. I have a lot of mid back pain at work and it is most days unbearable. My doctor is trying some different meds but I have GERD and also constipation problems so a lot of pain meds are just out of the question. Has anyone out there had experience with back braces for mid back pain and if so how did it work? Has anyone found a good herbal remedy that actually helps with pain that won't upset the stomach or cause constipation? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jacqueline

• Degenerative disease showed up on thoracic x-ray, my
    internist said its another name for osteoarthritis,
    did you need an MRI to get your DX??
  • for past few years i m diagnosed as DISH pt. what i have noticed during this period can b summarised as mentioned below.

pain is more during morning hrs but also more WHEN U THINK OBOUT IT.
    Regular exercise, sports and physical activities do help .POSITIVE THINKING,DEEP BREATHING AND REALLY RALAXED MIND have been found to b more benificial.
    Presence of pain may be always there BUT PERCEPTION OF PAIN IS UP TO OUR MIND.