Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 month appointment

newhouse17nnewhouse17 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone,

Haven't posted in a while so I thought i would update all you wonderful people out there. I went to the doc yesterday and found out that I now have drop foot, complication from the severe nerve damage in legs. We talked about working, ssd and settlement issues. He said he will probably rate me at 70-75%ppd which is understandable. I still cant do a lot and cant go back to work and I am dealing with that. Sometimes you have to just except what god gives you. Im thankful that Im alive, able to hobble around the house and cook dinner for my children.Doc is concerned about the amount of vicodin I am taking so its probably good that Im cutting back.

For enyone out there who wants to know, I have no regrets with my decision to have surgery. My doctor is a wonderful surgeon but he is not god and therefore cannot fix all the damage my injury cause. Every morning when I wake up I put my feet on the floor and than god and my surgeon that I am still able to walk and not sitting in a wheelchair!!I hope everyone out there is well and will update you soon about my progress. God bless!!

• HI there....I'm glad you posted an update. I'm sorry things weren't a bigger improvement but you are right, our surgeons are not God and you sound very fortunate to have a surgeon that cares about doing the best he can.

It seems things are still a struggle but you have a positive outlook by looking at what you CAN do vs. what you can't do. It's like "expiration date" post by Ranchhand.

We can allow ourselves to be down but we also have to allow ourselves to celebrate what we can do and cherish in those moments.

It sounds like you are continuing to be monitored which is good. Looking forward to another update.

Gentle hugs