Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Opthomologist

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
I finally broke down and called my Opthomologist. The receptionist wanted to speak with the DR and said she would call me back ASAP.

I haven't been able to see right since the ACDF on March 2. My eye lid is heavy and the eye is red, but does not hurt. My vision is very blurry and it is causing me issues, not to mention I look weird. I have taken to wearing sun glass's indoors if I have to go any where.

I am seriouslu hoping this has nothing to do with the Narrow Angle Glaucoma that I was DX'd with back in December. It would really suck if this is permanent.

Googly Eyes AKA Julie :)
advertisement

Comments

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I hope you hear back from the doctor soon. It's scary when there's a problem with our vision. Hopefully it's something that can be treated quickly. Are you taking any meds that may be messing with your vision?
    Take care,
    Debbie
  • He says I have Horners Syndrome. Apparently it is pretty common for cervical fusions. If it does not get better in 6 weeks he can do something to fix it.

http://www.answers.com/topic/horner-s-syndrome

Julie
  • I'm sorry to hear. Another member Smiley just had Horner's Syndrome. I hope she can see your post. Take care and hope you get well soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I have horners. I went to the Opthomologist to get a full checkup. I don't have the blurry vision but I have the eyelid droop and a smaller pupil in the right eye.

The neuro ordered an MRI and CT to make sure there were no blood clots or debris pressing on a nerve. That was all fine so they say to wait. It could take a year or more to go away. If it doesnt there is a cosmetic procedure to fix the eyelid.

More than anything I find the eyelid annoying because it feels heavy. Yesterday I saw my ortho and I found it funny how he was staring at my eye - lol. It's not noticable unless you know its there.
advertisement