Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ESI yesterday

marirlpnmmarirlpn Posts: 1,028
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Spinal Injections
Hi fellow spineys,

Yesterday I had an ESI to L4/5 where I had my fusion in 2008. Doctor was unable to get into the L4 foramen due to bony overgrowth from fusion so restuck me at L5. He put in extra steroid medication hoping to get it to migrate up to L4. He even thought that sometime soon I may need a laminectomy. I was told 3 to 7 days before I would notice any improvement. I'm a bit hesistant to say this, but for a very long time I have been awakened frequently at night due to right leg nerve pain, but not last night!!!!! I was able to also walk better this morning. I do hope this lasts for a while.

Best to all,

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Marianne

I am so happy for you, I hope this gives you relief for a good while.
    What a nice surprise not to be woken by the nerve pain you have been experiencing lately.

Liz xx

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • That sound like great news.Good for you its time you got some relief. I hope you have more days like that.

I am a sucker for good news.

• i think that is great. hope the feeling lasts a longgggg time!!!!
    gives the rest of us some hope.
  • I am very happy to read that the injection is helping you.

I hope your relief lasts a good long time.

Tammy :)
  • I'm glad to hear this. I had my injection 2 weeks ago and I'm even feeling better today though I did wake up with my leg in spasms only because I forgot my flexeril last night but all's well here. It's great news for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN