Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

personal subject

backpainsarabbackpainsara Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Recovering from Surgery
i was wondering how long after lower disc fusion surgery do you have to wait to be intimate with you partner? My surgery was 1/27, don't see doc till april?

• awe,I feel so bad that your surgeon's PA hasn't adressed this with you. Often they say if you feel up to it and it doesn't cause pain. I'm guessing you don't feel comfortable asking, but you really should. Could you call and leave a message, or ask in an e-mail? Hopefully other's will be able to help also! Hope you have a good weekend! Shari
  • I agree with jayhawk you really should talk to your surgeon about this. I had a l5-s1 fusion done on 3-1-10 and my doctor said we should try wait to this coming Friday, well we did not listen to this yesterday.(My paperwork stated 2 weeks) Honestly the pain it causes after was not worth it. I wish we had waited. I feel like I went back to the first few days post op. They should say you can do anything except the actual intercourse. I understand this can be hard. I hope this helps....
  • I have a topic under "Girl Questions" where we talk about sexy time. My surgeon said that the instrumentation can handle it, but the soft tissues etc may be too sore. He suggested we just go with how I feel but that it may take a few weeks. Some ladies have said to just take things slow, which I imagine apply to both ladies and fellas. We haven't had sexy time yet, but it will probably happen soon. LOL. It has only been a couple of weeks, but we will just take it slow and see how it goes. You don't have to fully "commit", after all, just see how you feel.
This discussion has been closed.