Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nearly 9 weeks post PLIF L4 S1-incision burning

talia22ttalia22 Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
i have a couple Q's. the first is what were other people who had my surgery doing at this mark. like 6-8 weeks. i feel like i am not doing enough and doing to much all at once and my dr is useless,
also i have a burning sensation on/in my incisions in lower back. it starts at tge surface but goes deeper. could i have messed something up or could it be the bone fusing. ? or none.did this happen to anyone else?
i keep being told bymy dr's assist. walk walk walk but for how long? i hear that 15 min at a time for about an hour or 2 a day but she is so vague about it i dont know what to do. i asked ifi could get an xray earlier than may (3mth mark) to put my fears aside and she said no. any ideas? or anyone been thru this?

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    On my fusions, the first x ray to see if the fusion is taking place has always been at the 8 wk. mark.
    As for walking. They've always said as many times as you can and let your body be the guide for how long and how many times in the beginning. But take baby steps. Yes that IS a little vague.
    At 8 wks. they were less vague and said 4 x 20 min. a day. But a little longer if you can, let your body be the guide. Take baby steps (and they don't mean baby strides in you steps) They mean raise your length of time and you times per day in small increments. DO NOT HURT YOURSELF!
    It is very easy to do to much, especially on a good day. And you will pay for it! but on the other hand if you just lay around all day, not moving. You'll likely get stiff and freeze up!
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!