Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I've been approved for SSDI

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Health Insurance Issues
I received a letter this morning that I have been approved for SSDI. I had gotten to the level where I'd have to see an administrative law judge. I'd further been told it would probably be close to another 2 year wait before I saw the judge.

Basically, my attorney kept filing updates on my medical records with the Social Security Disability Department, Administrative Law Judge level. The end result? I'm finally approved. I'll be getting 2 yrs back pay minus what is owed my attorney and my Long Term Disability Company.

I'm thrilled this has finally happened. I'm sad too because I really didn't want to quit work at my last employer. I'd worked there 7 yrs. They were the best Company I'd ever worked for, by far. They treated me well, were fair, great people to work for.

When you are disabled, not much you can do. I'm just happy its over.

Ken GreyEagle

• Hi Ken :H I understand this is a mixed blessing. Try to look at it this way, you needed this to move forward and now you can :)

I am happy for you >:D<
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • That is good news. I hope this allows a good measure of stress in your life to be melted away. Hope you are feeling better than last time you posted.

• Thanks everyone! I am sure relieved! It does melt away stress knowing I've finally been approved. My birthday is tomorrow, the 26th of March. I'll be 58 yrs old. So, what a birthday present, eh? Then again, I paid into the system nearly 40 yrs, so not really a present. Lol.

I am feeling better than last time I posted. Thanks for your thots! :)
  • Great to hear! Happy Birthday what a great birthday gift. Hope you have a nice day and have some fun. Really happy for you. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It is now officially March 26th in the great state of Washington.

• That's wonderful news! I'm very happy for you! (I just posted too...of all days, today I found out that I, too, have FINALLY been approved!) :-)

I trust your birthday was wonderful-belated bday wishes to you! (sorry I haven't been around much this week-my boys are here for spring break so been trying to spend time with them & since the weather finally got back to "normal" here where I live-FL-we've spent a bit of time at the beach & pool!)

I understand how you feel about having to leave your job-I too had a hard time with that...being a Paramedic was all I ever wanted to do, and it was that job that I "could wait to get up for every morning", ya know? I miss it-but now I can finally get the fusion done & hopefully will be able to finish nursing school & begin a new chapter of life! Your new chapter has begun as well, and it's gonna be a good one! :-) *hugs*