Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dental Coverage..for people on Medicare?? What do we do?

KMarsha59KKMarsha59 Posts: 31
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Pain Medications
I have been disabled since 2007..I don't have Dental..as we all on SS know Medicare does not cover it or Vision..WHich is ironic..so what do we do? I have had cavities creeping up for some time (which I know is from all the medications I've had over the years) of course it dries out the body and we have decreased saliva and I have been guilty of not drinking enough water..I'm trying to make sureI do now but it could be too late.. and I was wondering what all you other SS and Medicare people do for your dental care? I need some strong advice because I have had injections and pain meds off and on since 1997..I live in Oklahoma so any advice would be much appreciated.


  • Someone please tell me how I can add a quote at the bottom of my post?lol
  • Check out local dental colleges in your area. Maybe they have a reduced rate for 3rd or 4th year students always with a Dental Teacher present though. We have one college close to me but I don't live in the States.

    When I was newly graduated and in debt with student loans I got Blue cross or liberty health coverage. It's only so much a month but you have to wait 6 months before any dental procedures can be done. Maybe 150. a month for 6 months but if you need root canal etc. it pays off and it's deductible on your income tax. Best to keep up with cleanings and get the fillings done before you really need help.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
Sign In or Register to comment.