Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

?ilio inguinal nerve block vs hernia

jayhawkjjayhawk Posts: 1,032
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all! I am 4 weeks 360 L4-5 fusion. Last week, I started having severe, burning, stabbing, sharp pain under my ab. insicion on the left side. PT put me on hold. My surgeon was in surgery and his staff was at an office 1 1/2 hours away. I went to my internal med. Dr who strongly suspected an inguinal hernia~referred my to a surgeon. Surgeon said not hernia but ilio inginal nerve is inflammed and referred me to PM for Nerve block. While at his office I got the call from my brother re my nephew, so I wasn't up to talking and discussing.

I have an appointment today with PM who is a little worried that it may be too close to my insicion to be injected and the steroids would inhibite the insicion healing.

Has anyone had this happen? It does feel like other nerve pain I have had; sharp, burning stabbing.

Thanks Shari

• My god, it just seems to not be fair the pain you are dealing with. Have you already seen the doctor today? This is just ridiculos. I am so sorry and wish there was something I could do to help you.
    Praying for you so much everyday!