Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

baffledbbaffled Posts: 375
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Chronic Pain
Hello everybody - it has been a long time since I have found myself on these pages. Through the help of my Endocronologist's encouragement to have me repeat my ANA blood test and a good RA doctor, I have recently been given a diagnosis of Lupus.

I have suffered with upper back and neck pain for 3 years - have a herniation at c56 with bone spurs, but was never considered a surgical candidate. Two surgical doctors stated that the herniation is not hitting the out going nerves. It is pressing into my spinal canal - but not hitting the cord itself.

The blood work a very high ANA test 2 times, and physical exam points to Lupus. Now I have no idea what to expect - except what the doctor has said and internet info. I have been taking the first type of meds used to deal with Lupus, an anti malaria....it has only been 2 weeks. The doctor said that the pain from the inflamation could take @ 4-6 wks to lessen.

Just wondering if anyone else out there has a diagnosis of Lupus - and can give me real life experience with it.

thanks patti

• Hey, have you been to see a rheumatologist?

ANA tests are not conclusive for Lupus. Those meds are pretty harsh, so if you haven't seen a rheumie for a definitive diagnosis, you most definitely want to!

I've had high ANA also, and although I do have autoimmune and immune dysfunctions it's not lupus... yet.
  • yes, i have an ra doctor, she is the one who diagnosed me.

• So sorry to hear about your condition. Me I don’t know much about Lupus but I wanted to wish u the best of luck in the future. I wish Doctors could pin point pain and where it’s coming from so we could get better treatment.

I hope and pray it’s not lupus and maybe just misdiagnosed. Best of luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.