Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

LBP and (oh, god!) PREGNANCY

MamaOuchyMMamaOuchy Posts: 10
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:42 AM in Lower Back Pain
Just got the shock of my life. I am 7 weeks pregnant!! Not planned!! In fact the opposite!! Had an ultra sound to follow up on the fluid in my pelvis yesterday, called today for the results and WHAMMMO! Ya, I am freaked! In case you can't tell. I have to come off all my meds, lyrica, cymbalta, amitriptyline, tizanidine, flexeril and have no idea how I am going to cope with the regular back pain I have, on top of the pain from carrying a child. Please oh please, does anyone else have any expereinces/advice to share on dealing with low back pain/herniated disc/DDD and spinal instability without meds, while pregnant. Ok, I am gonna go scream now!!

• We have had a few members whom have become pregnant while having low back issues. For them they actually got relief from the back pain as the pregnancy progressed. Someone else maybe able to clarify how that works. But I do hope the same for you. As a mom you know how much a child is such a blessing. Be sure to talk to your doctors about getting off the meds ASAP and they are aware of your getting off of them so they can help you with. I will say congrats on the new bundle of joy coming to your family soon.
  • Just stopped by to offer moral support.
    I do think your doctor can help you with getting through the pregnancy. I know it seems frightening but I wanted to say congratulations...maybe this surprise will actually take some pressure off your lower back because you'll be required to rest more.

This discussion has been closed.