Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello I am new

sweetness40ssweetness40 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions

I am new to this site and want to introduce myself.

I am a 21 yr old female who was in a car accident a year ago. I was rearend at a stop light. I have had an mri of my lumbar and have a herniation at L5-S1 small. I had mild whiplash but now am having more issues with my neck. I am still waiting to get an mri on my neck.

This site so far looks very informative and hope I can find some help.

Thank you,

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hi sweetness40,
    Welcome to spine-health, I am sure you will find a wealth of information and others here that can relate to your symptoms and experiences. Be aggressive in seeking out the answers you need from your Dr's on what is the source of your pain and discomfort. If you are not confident in one Dr's opinion, seek
    out others. I as many others here have found out by experience that we need to be our own health advocates.
    Best of luck to you and take care,
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have come to a great place for answers and also to make new friends!! :D i am sorry you are having pain!! i hope you get your MRI on your neck soon! good luck! stop by anytime!! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health.

What has the doc said about your lumbar MRI? Treatment options? What are you experience with regards to your neck problems?

The more we know the more we'll be able to help you. We've all been there and understand how difficult it is to have spine problems.

Take care,
  • Hi,

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed. It mean so much to me. I also wish that my MRI would come quicker, or that I could just switch doctors. But living up here in B.C. Canada, I don't get to do that easily. Patience, patience! I have to admit there running a little short at times.

Once again thank you for making me feel welcome, and for your ideas. I find this site to be so informative.

Thank you!
  • We have quite a few members here that are in Canada so they might be able to give you some pointers. Why do you want to switch doctors?