Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weight Watchers is the best!!

newhouse17nnewhouse17 Posts: 133
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Hello everyone,

Just letting all of you out there who have cronic pain and cant exercise that WW is the best program ever. I had put on 30 pounds since June 2008. Had my surgery and continued to put on the weight. Its funny how food can make you feel better. At my 6 month check docs says we need to get that excess weight of the artificial disc but restricts my exerise to walking a mile a day or riding a stationary bike.
I thought, how in the hell am I going to get this off if I can only walk 1 mile a day? My girlfriend suggested ww online so I joined for three months. Ive lost 20lbs. and still get to eat the foods I love. Now I am very disaplined person, so the program really worked for me and it was very affordable ($53 for 3 months online). Although you can eat your favorite foods you start to make better food choices, I can have a cookie but maybe a piece of fruit would be better. I can still eat out with family and friends and not be restricted to a salad. I special order foods when out and dont deprive myself of anything I just have less. I would highly suggest this program for anyone out there who cant exercise. Try it!!!

• :) Yes Weight Watchers is a great program to follow if you can't exercise. I was on WW for awhile and lost 35lbs. I did not exercise because of my back pain. Just think if you were able to move. You would have all the weight off in no time. It took me 6mos to lose 35lbs. But if I could have exercised, I would have lost it quicker plus more. It is agreat weight loss program. i highly recommend it. And as far as the eating out goes. It is ok to splurge every once in awhile. I used to go out to eat after my weigh in every week. LOL :))(
  • I was already doing WW (and was at goal) when my car accident happened in 2007. Since being unable to work out (at all for some time, and now w/ a lot less strength than I used to be able to), Ive pu ton a lot of weight and am the biggest I think Ive ever been. Im lucky to have a husband who supports me, with everything - not just w/ weight loss! :) I just try to get up and move some, each day - depending on where my pain level is at. I also know that I have to make choices...if I really want ice cream, then I can't have other junk too. I choose 1 small treat each day, so I don't feel deprived.
This discussion has been closed.