Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Symptoms of C3-C4 herniation?

LcashLLcash Posts: 24
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
In my MRI it revealed a herniation at the C3-C4 of 4mm with encroachment into the right neural foramen. What would be the symptoms to look for with that. It also shows a bilateral postlateral disc herniation of 3mm at the C4-C5 level. I already had the C5-C6 and C6-C7 level fused in November but still have hard neck pain that also is causing headaches.

• If you run a search for a "dermatome map" you will be able to see the specific areas that are enervated by a particular spinal nerve. Of course, we are not all so neatly divided into segments as the charts or maps suggest...but it is where the doctor will begin, and they are accurate with some overlapping.

Unfortunately, headaches are one of those symptoms that can come from 100s of different causes. But the dermatome map should help you get going.

And here is a link to specific information, such as you are seeking: http://www.spine-health.com/conditions/herniated-disc/cervical-herniated-disc-symptoms-and-treatment

I hope you do not need more work on your cervical discs.

• Hello I live with chronic pain every day. I was injured at work 16 years ago. I have had 5 surgeries.#1 tos surgery where they ttook out my top left rib.#2 they did a laminectomy. #3 I had a double fusion at levels c5-6 6-7. I had surgery on my right elbow for over compenciating with the right arm.#5 I had a second part of the tos surgery where they go into the front of the neck and they cut muscles in the back of the neck. As of last week I was Informed thet the disk above and below my fusion are now bulging. my c4 is going up into my jaw all the way up to my temples. my headaches are terrible.my neck hurts so bad I just cant stand it anymore.please be careful what you let them do to you.good luck god bless you