Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 week post op xrays and md appt 360 fusion

lynettellynette Posts: 217
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi everyone!

Today I had a 6 week f/u appointment in NYC and had xrays and saw the PA. She said everything is looking really good. She said I had a lot of bone growth already and should be on my way to a good fusion!!! The hardware is all good and in place. I was relieved to hear that because I fell this morning in my nieces shower. She has one of those slippery showers and I was in a different place and slipped. I only fell from standing to a sitting position on the tub edge and luckily the shower curtain held me in from falling to the floor. I landed on my right butt but didn't whiplash move or anything. So far so good and no ill effects. I scared the crap out of everybody! I did well with the travel in car 2 1/2 hrs here yesterday and then today had to ride the train in 1 hr and then walk grand central get a cab and get to my appointment. the fall really shook me up but I think all is well!!

She said I wear the brace 6 more weeks and will also start pt in 6 weeks. Started me on B-6 100mg for supplementation for nerve repair. I got a airport card so when I beep at the airport won't have to strip!! Lynette

• Good to hear you're healing well after your surgery and it's great to hear you've been keeping active. Sorry to hear about your fall and hope all is well there. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Glad to hear you didn't do anything harmful when you fell...and that you got a good report. It's always a relief when they see signs of fusion.

Why would you beep at the airport?
    Even if you did, I have heard that those cards are not readily accepted...but unless you had something out of the ordinary done, you shouldn't set off those machines.
  • I'm flying to my daughters in 2 weeks and I asked if i would set off any alarms and she said I might and said they would give me a card saying I have implanted hardware I guess. Lynette
  • I think you'll be fine. I remember being worried after my fusion, but I've never had any problems. The metals that are used now are engineered so the patient can have a MRI, so I guess they don't set off security alarms either.
  • Depending on the sensitivity of the scanner, it's possible to set off the alarm. It shouldn't be a problem but it's always good to be prepared.

• Hi, so glad to hear your news (well, except for the shower part but glad you didn't get hurt).

Sounds like things are progressing well! Keep up the good work on following doctor's and family orders. It's amazing that you are already showing signs of fusing!
  • Your body is obviously healing well as there are good signs of fusing already.
    I have my 6 week post op appointment in 10 days when they will x-ray me.

Keep up the good healing, but be careful in the shower!!
  • Oh my gosh Lynette! Reading your post about falling took my breath away, but I am so happy to hear that you are okay! Truly a blessing!

I'm curious to hear whether you set off the airport security or not.

So glad that you are fusing and recovering so well! My 6-week appointment is Tue and I'm just holding my breath and praying that I am fusing also!

Hope you have an awesome weekend! :) Shari
  • I am home safe and sound now, had a great weekend with my nieces family, I did so much but feel good. My only ill effects from the fall was my right buttock was tender the day after, but not too noticeable today. I am soo thankful that was not worse. My family was so nervous about me getting back in that shower. I guess it was just a little reminder to be careful especially being out of your familiar surroundings! Lynette
  • I'm so glad that you are doing so well. Thanks so much for coming to visit me in the hopsital. Take care and I'll keep you in my prayers that you continue to have a non-falling, speedy recovery :)
  • I'm glad I was able to visit you! Hope all is well with you at home since your surgery. I have walked 1 1/2 mile everyday this week and hope to be up to 2 miles by the end of next week. You will be there before you know it! Lynette
  • That's awesome that you are able to walk so much. Way to go!