Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wishes and Prayers for next epidural 4th set July

charryccharry Posts: 5,652
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:43 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm going for my second epidural and facet joint injections tomorrow. Hopefully will be as painless as the first one. The second set were a bit more uncomfortable. Prayers and well wishes would be great. Thank you. Charry

She told me she can give me up to 6 ESI's but I don't think I'm going for that many....
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• I hope you are as pleased with the results today as you were the first time. Do you know how many facet joints they will be doing??

Blessings,
    Gwennie
  • sending prayers your way that the injections will relieve your pain and that you will be relaxed while recieving the injections without pain!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today! Let us know how you are when you feel up to posting!

Thinking of you! gentle hugs, Shari
  • Howdy Charry,

Prayers and positive energy heading your way! I hope you get continued relief!! *hug*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I missed telling you that I wish you well before you had your injection. I hope it's helping you and that it give you long-term relief.

Good luck to you!
    Cath
  • Charry,

Wow! Lots of shots there! Glad to hear that it is working as advertised!! Coolness. :-)

Brenda
  • Glad you doing so well My prayer is all way with you and all the others.

Jim
  • you have been there before so you know what to expect .are you having sedation? anyway i wish you a successful injection and i hope that you get some relife from it ..when your back settles down !!
    tony
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    I'm sorry I wasn't here to wish you luck before your injections. I'm so glad that it all went well again. I hope it continues to help you and that you won't have to have many more. Take it extra easy for a few days. You've had a lot of injections today so keep using ice on and off. I hope you're not very sore tomorrow.
    Take care and have a good night.
    Debbie
  • I hope you are feeling better! Wow, so many injections and without sediation. God bless you!
    Those caudal epidurals are awfully painful, i have had 5 and 4 were with sediation. You are a strong woman.
    Take care and I hope you have a good restful night sleep.
    Virginia
    Just wanted to check and see how you are this morning? Did you sleep okay? Are you terribly sore?

Hope the injections work for you.
    Debbie
  • I only woke up once but pain not too bad. Now my foot is yelling at me and back a little sore but I just took my pain meds. I will take it easy for 3 days and the PM Dr. wants me to walk everyday! It's really hard for me to do that but will try starting Monday.

Virginia- I think all of us must be strong to have chronic pain. To me the injections are a relief and I usually take a mild sedative before I go. I must say yesterday was a little more intense but hopefully the benefits will outweigh the few moments of discomfort. Wishing everyone less pain days ahead! Thanks. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks everyone for your support and prayers I'm sure it helped again. You guys are great! I had bilateral SI injections and 5 bilateral facet joint injections and when she pressed on my left hip bone it was painful so she injected one there and near my sciatic nerve on the left upper butt. So total 7 FJI's and one epidural (caudal) My leg feels better less numb I guess until the injection wears off. So I return May 22 for my 3rd set and she said I'm allowed to have up to 6 injections if needed but hopefully I won't need to do that many. TC. Charry
  • I guess the injection in the left hip and upper butt aren't facet joint injections but nerve blocks. Just to clarify they aren't facet injections of course. Charry
  • I've never had sedation offered so I just do the deep breath when she goes in. She's the best PM Dr. and I had very little discomfort. I just get nervous before hand. Probably from the other painful experiences I had with the other PM Drs. All is well. I'm going to ice now. Thanks. Charry
  • charry
    hope it helps relieve some of your pain...hope all went well keep us posted
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I'm going for my 3rd set of lumbar epidural and facet,SI and hip injections tomorrow afternoon. It was more uncomfortable the second set I had. I will have to take a sedative with my pain meds as I'm feeling a little anxious this time. I've had good relief with the last Epi and feel less leg pain so I'm hoping this will help. She also told me I could have 6 epidurals this year but I'm concerned that's too much for me. Thanks for thinking of me for tomorrow. Charry
    Good luck with your injections Charry. I hope that they are painless and that they give you even more relief than the others. You're probably feeling anxious because the last ones didn't go as well which is only natural. I'll be thinking of you and praying that it all goes well. Let us know how you do.

Good luck,
    Debbie
  • I only slept 3 hours last night. Well I'm going in at 1230. I hope it's painless like the first time. Thanks for your support. Charry
  • Howdy Charry,

I am guessing you might be on your way back home now? Fingers crossed that you will find relief on this round!! *hug*

Brenda
    and hoping it went well. Hope you had instant relief and no pain. Hope you're home resting and taking it easy now.

Debbie
  • I'm thinking about you and hoping that the injections today aren't too painful and help you. I'm anxious to read your next post.

Take care and I'm thinking about you today.
    Cath
  • I pointed out to the Nurse I have a big lump on the right side by my spine and said it must be a tense muscle so the Dr. injected that trigger point as well as facets, SI both sides and again can't believe how tender my left hip is when she squeezes it to put the nerve block in and on my butt where the sciatic nerve runs. Then I had the epidural.

She booked me again for 3 more epidurals for July, Sept. and October. I thought the limit was 3 a year but apparently this PM Dr. gives 6 injections for the first year. My leg is definitely much better less pain and tingling and less numbness in my foot. I'm taking it easy so I'll see when I go for a walk 3 days from now. I'm definitely more tender this time afterwards but I will do anything for relief. Icing more than last time.

This third PM Dr. is the best I've had for injections and getting relief although who likes injections without sedation? Thanks for your support. Charry
  • I'm afraid I'm getting too many injections. I go for my 4th epidural in 2 weeks and really don't want to get 3 more I've already had 3 but hear she usually gives 6 to everyone the first year if they're still having pain after the 3 injections.

I've had some leg pain relief but not really relief from back pain. I was able to walk around shopping for 2 hours with only one sit down break and took the bus home. I haven't been shopping for over 2 years. So far the injections have helped but nervous to get the 4th,5th and 6th ones in one year! Has anyone else had more than 3? Thanks. Charry
  • Charry read what the site says about injections. I thought that 3 was the max in one year. I'm pretty sure that's what my neurologist said as well.

If this is correct then I would question your doctor. Can't hurt to ask. Maybe there is something different in what she is doing or using.
advertisement