Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L1 thru L4 Fused?

L1-L4FusedLL1-L4Fused Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Can't take pain meds. It's been 2 years and I'm still in pain?

• Hi and welcome to Spine Health.
    We are a friendly bunch and will try to answer your questions.
    Can you give us some more information, and be specific what you want to know?
  • Yes, more information would be helpful. Have you had a fusion or are you asking about whether you should have one?
  • I fell with a twist 4 years ago. For 2 years the doctors fooled with me...severed my nerves...they grew back in budles within 6 months. Had all sorts of injections into the spine, etc. They would ask from 1-10 how bad is your pain? ABOUT 15!...Finally, the doc did a discogram and said that I could have L1-L4 fused or I would never walk again. I cannot take pain meds at all, tried them all...vomit profusely (hard to vomit if you can't bend over) I had a full body bone scan. Never had a broken bone, bone density is great, have 2 extra ribs :) It's been 2 years since surgery. Tried every sort of herbal remedy for pain. Taking glucosamine for over a year. I'm nearly nuts from the pain, still! My butt feels like it's gonna fall off! I'm 48, now. I used to be a very strong woman, now useless. I'm not depressed, just angry. My mother-in-law said that she knew people that had this same operation and they are fine!? Well, I'm NOT fine!
  • Maybe look into an implanted pain pump. May not have the same effect on you as taken by mouth pain medicine. I don't know hwat they use in the pain pump. Just a idea worth looking into.