Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here..my back pain story

cmg1121ccmg1121 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in New Member Introductions
Okay i am a 35 year old female. I have been seeing a orthapedic surgeon for back pain i've had since i was a teenager. I know why i have the back problems. I am very big chested. I bloomed very early in life. I started blooming at 9 years of age. Girls i went to school with picked on me cause mine were enormous. I am not a big girl. I am actually skinny. That is my problem. Skinny me with humongous chest. I have scars on my shoulders from my bra straps, my shoulders are dented from the weight of the straps. My clavicle's are deformed, cause of my blooming early before my bones were strong enough to support them, the were pulled down. The spine pain started in my thoracic area as a teen, then went to the lower back, and finally my cervic(top area). I was told my spine showed degeneration and mri revealed arthritis. I thoracic part is the most painful. I have tried to just deal with the pain all these years but after all this time the pain is to much for me to take. The thoracic pain wraps around my sides and into my chest. I am in constant pain from it, then the cervic or top part of my spine hurts, alot of times it is just numb i can't feel it, or it feels like someone is pinching me there. The lower back hurts mostly when i am sitting down. To get an idea of the weight i carry, my pants size is a 10 petite. I have a cup size of a J. Still in the works of seeing my orthapedic surgeon. I also have arthritis in my shoulders, yes both of them. The hurt all the time also, when i do anything they burn all the way around them. I also have it in my hands. My hands and fingers hurt, my fingers look deformed cause of bone spurs on them. I have a huge bone spur on the top of my hand. My legs are starting to show signs of arthritis. They feel stiff like everything else when i wake up and they pop all the time. I am in pain everywhere. It sometime drives me insane. I also am insulin resistant, and i have polycystic ovarian syndrome. And to top it off i have a vitamin d deficiency. I am just falling apart. I am slightly hard headed though. I use to be real fat. I lost 70lbs, i jogged everyday. Now i have to walk slowly, i am still in pain everytime i turn around but i have been told if i stop excersizing the pain will get worse? I just cut up fruit all day for 30 hours a week. Even that is getting really hard to keep up with. When i go up stairs my legs hurt wheni get to the top, they feel like they are on fire. I guess i will stop for now, sorry i just needed to tell my side, will hush for now. thank you ahead of time for any info...

• Welcome to our forum ad I'm sure you will get lots of support.

Has your surgeon mentioned breast reduction surgery? I used to work with a girl who had it done, and she said it helped her back pain. Is it an option for you or a case of leave well enough alone?

Isn't that terrific that you've lost so much weight - well done!

I've had back problems for most of my life and when I was young, moderate exercise was what kept me together.

Let us know how you go with your surgeon.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008