Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

UpdateS1 to l5 clean L5 and L4

johnbhjjohnbh Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm 7 weeks post op . I'm doing really well,so well I forget I had surgery. My wife came home she found me digging a hole in the back yard,thats a no no. I feeling pretty good ,still on pain meds instead of taking the meds 4 x a day I'm at 3 a day. The the Dr tried to get me on celbrex ins. denied. The mornings are my worst times. Maybe I'm doing to much, but I feel pretty good.I want to thank the forum for helping me out pre op and my craziness post op. I will keep in touch with the forum , w/ updates. My goal still to ride my road bike.

• Good to hear you're doing so well after surgery. Not so good is you digging up the yard. If you get the urge again go for a walk instead. I don't think you're allowed to do BLT right now. Best wishes and hope you heal completely from surgery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yes,I second Charry's comment. I gasped out loud when I read the digging in the yard. That is hard on you even after you have fully recovered. Don't push your luck just because you are feeling good at the moment.

Feeling good can be very transitory!!
  • That's awesome! Thanks for sharing your good news and good fortune! I completely understand digging in the yard. I decided this Spring to put in a nice sized garden and of course that requires lots of digging and sod removal. I was fortunate to get lots of help from my husband in running the shovel, but still managed to do enough of the digging to "own it" if that makes sense. No I have a kickin garden that is already producing lots of spinach, lettuce and radishes.

Have you tried to get your doc to readdress the issue with the insurance company denying the Celebrex? I use Celebrex and find it to be a great medication for fighting inflammation and the daily aches and pains.

Great to hear from you.