Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WARNING
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval
ATTENTION: All NEW MEMBERS
1) Your first discussion or comment needs to go through a moderator's approval process before it can be published.
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.

Old fractures

happyHBmomhhappyHBmom Posts: 2,074
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Osteoporosis and Fractures
Has anyone had any type of surgery on an old fracture?

I've only had one opinion and a lot of pain treatment, but was wondering what sort of things people have had done? I have an old untreated burst fracture at L2, with one bone spur right on the thecal sac. My ortho is hesitant to go in, I think for good reason (requires anterior incision, requires cutting bone right on the spinal cord) I have pain now, but no paralysis.

I am going to get a referral to a second ortho. But I'm wondering if there are any experimental/research hospital procedures I should be looking into? I would really not mind getting that inch back and putting my spine back the way it used to be if ever it is possible.
advertisement

Comments

• my understanding is that it depends on how old. essentially after 10 years, it's too late to fix was what i was told.