Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I've hit a road block....why?

atwitsendaatwitsend Posts: 33
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Pain Management
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on here....
Hope everyone is having a pain free day!

I'm just gonna vent a bit.....maybe somebody will have some insight for me. I know we're all in the same boat here.

After all the surgeries and arthritis.......
I'm trying to find a doctor that will give me the time of day and not brush me off and look at me as a liability.

I currently see a pain management doctor, but in the end, just throws pain meds at me and sends me out the door. Wants me on a Fentanyl patch and Celebrex but I'm doing my best to avoid this at all costs. So I take my Oxy to push on through my day.

I had an extreme adverse reaction to the Epidural Steroid Injection (nerve damage)...so I can't get those. I wear a tens unit (which is a work in progress). I'm having trouble finding electrodes that stay on for more than a day. Looks like I'm gonna end up with the belt with them built in. No biggie.

I have a current herniation at my L4-L5. I have progressive numbness. Recently my second toe on my left foot went completely numb within the last month. Is it from the previous surgeries b/c the S1 is encased in scar tissue or from the ESI? I can't get any answers. The pain management doctor told me that there is no crystal ball......thanks a lot for the info! What the ****!

Do I contact an attorney? And really, what's the point of that? I won't be left in any better position. I work a full time job. I'm not looking to milk the system here.

I'm just want a doctor to give me the time of day and help me!! I'm exploring all alternative means of treatment at this point. Massage therapy, wearing magnets, etc!

I realize this is something I will deal with the rest of my life. I'm not looking for another surgery. But if it needs be, so be it.

Has anyone out there heard of the Cleveland Clinic or been there? I've heard they're the best. I'm willing to make the travel if I can get some concrete results on what my outlook will be or is.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I know you guys are the only ones who truly understand. Hope everyone here is doing well. Keep your chins up!