Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Most adorable avatar contest

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:43 AM in Lighten and Brighten
I think we need a most adorable avatar contest. My kitty would win paws down!!

• That would be fun. But I tell you - it would be hard to judge. Animals hold a special place in my heart (my kitty avatar is sitting in a pile of snow, saying "I can't feel my butt". I actually copied it from the ICANHAZCHEEZBURGER website)

There are a few dogs and horses. I love all animals, but in my opinion, horses are the most majestic. The others are awesome too.

.... it would be fun, though!
  • I have 4 cats and I think they believe I am their personal property. The littlist one thinks she can sit on me anywhere anytime. She love to curl up next to me in bed and eventually will be on my neck with her butt in my face!!
  • I could not get in the house and to a chair fast enough for her.

My husband was actually a bit jealous! Can you believe?
  • I can't change my avitar because my little Mercster (my avitar) has been gone just over a year and I'm still grieving the loss of him. I will, however, enter the contest with pictures of my little Wally.

• I love those ears. What a cutie. I'd be teasing him mercilessly...lol

And mercster looks like a prince sitting there. So handsome.:)
  • Yes, Wally is quite a pill. He's adorable beyond belief, with the big ears and legs about 2 inches long. He's also quite the little mischief-maker (because he can get away with quite a lot).

People even come up to me in the park and say, "This must be Wally..." - he's very popular and well-known.

But all of you guys with your kittys, horses and doggies are all beautiful and adorable. Gotta love the babies!
  • I love pets and have a kitten who may win hands down but how about Goth/vampire/b&w portrait? cheers. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    Kris, I love the idea!
    And I think it should apply to any category.
    I for one generally change my avatar monthly. When I was better physically, I was changing them weekly and sometimes twice a week.

So I would love to see all different avatars

As always, they have to remain within the boundaries of Spine-Health rules.... So, GP rated avatars only..
    Perhaps a few PG-13s
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SO that means no naked kitties??
    with there appropriate parts covered.
    I think
    We need to set categories:

- Funniest
    - Sadiest
    - Most lovable
    - etc

Lets come up with some categories to fit avatars into.
  • my 2 of 3 babies
    white one is tipsy cause she knocks everything over she goes near..
    black on is keke she thinks shes a dog and fetches things
    perhaps a few kit a gories would be wise
    funniest photo's
    ok altho we dont think any of our animals are...
    but have to have
    oh cath sorry for the loss of you doggie..he does look like a prince sitting there what type dog was he??
    and of course wally looks like he could get into trouble he so cute...

ok when shall we start this contest..perhaps june 1 so we all can have time to get some photos together...

sounds fun
    i'm in and so are the 3 cutest,most talented kitties
    tipsy-keke-ringo meow meow meow (see we can type)) =))
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • sounds like a good idea to have some fun!
  • I have a couple of more, but the one I use as my avatar and the one below is my favorite, though it was taken about mid way through his last year and I sometimes wonder if he was asking me why he had to hurt so much,
    I guess he and I belong in the pity category.
    oh, it's a thumbnail, if you want to see it a little clearer.