Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Myelogram results are in!

Kat_woman38KKat_woman38 Posts: 162
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
And still trying to figure out what happened. I kinda feel like I got hit on the head with a hammer made of Silly Putty LOL! From what the NS said, I have bone spurs at the C3-4, 4-5 level, but that surgery would only have a 50% chance of helping and he's not going to recommend it.

Since this is arthritic, I waited until today to post, as I had an appointment with my rheumatologist, and wanted to see what he had to say about it. He read the report, has ordered another EMG (my 2nd in 6 weeks, the fun just keeps coming) and is suspecting my symptoms are from carpal tunnel syndrome! I didn't even consider this, as I'd had the surgery for this done around 20 years ago, and with all this neck stuff going on, I just assumed it was the neck. But, now that it's been pointed out to me, it kinda makes sense. Just so frustrating! I'm looking forward to a surgery free summer, and don't think that's going to happen now. If it is CTS, it'll be due to scar tissue, and I don't think there's much they can do from a therapy standpoint for that. Poop.

Anyway, hope everyone's having a pain free or pain light day! The sun is shining here, and it's pretty decent weather for a change! Always a positive in there somewhere LOL!

• There have been amamzing changes in the world of carple tunnel surgery in the past 20 years! It can now be done with a minimally invasive procedure called the Brown procedure. It's about a 1 inch incision and for the most part you are good to go! :)

What do you feel when you hold your hands with your wrists extended all the way back for 10-15 sec, ie as if you were holding a trayon the top of you palms.

Very different from the past!

Hoping for the very best for you!
  • Thanks for the encouragement! I get the numbness & tingling, same for bending them forward together. Mostly, I started noticing it when I would go shopping. I always take a cart, cuz if I don't, I always need one LOL! I'd be in the store about 5-10 minutes, and my entire hand would be completely numb. As it progressed, it started happening when I drive, and now, when my husband drives, if he hits a big bump, too.

Not sure about the Brown procedure, but my old scars are considered long for when I had mine done, they're about 1 1/2" long, with a couple zigzags at the end. They're the only scars I have that aren't "supersized", most of my surgical scars have spread out, keloid, I think they're called? These blend right in with the life lines on my hand, so I'm hoping they can go in the same area.

Anyway, thanks for the support, and still YAY for no more spine surgery for the time being hehe!