Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 week post op appt

tonyanwisconsinttonyanwisconsin Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So went today to see my neurosurgeon. We discussed the pain I am still having but it is localized to my surgical area. The other tweaks I have are nerve related.
He says I am on track. Even though to me it seems slow. He said the pain I am feeling now is post surgical related and will just take time to go away.

After reading therapy notes and talking to me he advised me to cancel my remaining 4 weeks of therapy. He feels maybe it was too soon for me and would rather save my approved visits for when I am stronger.

He continued me on my Skelaxin 3x a day and Percocet 10mgs as needed for pain. I did get xrays taken but just dropped them off and went home. He said he would call me later about the xrays.

So all in all it was a good visit. I brought a long list of questions so I wouldn't forget anything. He is keeping me off of work. He said he wants to see me have a good week. Like an entire week of feeling good. I don't forsee that happening in 4 weeks time but I hope it does!!.

After I called PT and cancelled I got a voicemail from the PT assistant. She wanted to know what the doctor said since she saw the appts. were all cancelled. It is nice to know she cares.

So for now I will keep taking it a day at a time. :H

• Glad your visit went well. I have to agree on the PT thing. I guess since I haven't had any and doing well I guess it can't be a bad thing. I'm sure it was good to hear your on track!! Lynette