Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Moving pain

Justin66JJustin66 Posts: 95
Anyone else have pain that moves around from their butt, hip, and so on with no back pain? My pain is almost always in my right butt cheek but the pain moves around every couple of days. The pain like i said is usually in my butt cheek then it will move into my right hip, ocassionally the right side pain disappears and moves to my left side giving me sciatica in my left leg. Keep in mind I had a discectomy for a left side buldge at the L4/5.

• My pain moves around for sure.
    I think it has to do with me compensating for some strength and feeling loss in the left leg. I have no ankle reflex either so for me not to limp is an effort.

Before my 1st microDiscectomy, I had more butt & hip pain than I do after this surgery (revision MicroDiscectomy). I've learned (through PT) stretches to keep my hip from being tight. They help tremendously so not sure if you've started PT but if/when you do, let your PT know about the pain.

I now have more pain in my knee due to compensating.

The pain from my L5-S1 moves around. Mostly my leg but sometimes, spasms in my butt cheek, sometimes cramping in the foot or in the calve, and sometimes in the butt/hip. It stinks!
  • I have the moving pain is in my butt but then into the thigh and so on down the leg and goes numb. But i never had low back pain. A MRI revealed a disc herniation at l4-l5. But sense all my issues have been cervical and I have myelopathy took awhile to get to the lumbar issue as everyone assumed was the myelopathy, but i knew better was different pain. I hope you find a answer soon. I like to say nerve pain is not dependable or predictable. For myself often what set it off was something hours before.