Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Door #1

Kris-NYKKris-NY Posts: 2,207
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:44 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Well I went to my neurologist today. I told him what I've been feeling for the past two months. He did his tests and then looked at the CT report. Apparently I have a ridge on the vertebra that is pressing on the nerve root and causing the pain.

So back on the neurontin to see if that helps. Then he wants me to consider ESI for longer relief.

Tomorrow I go to the surgeon to see what he thinks. Should be interesting.

What was interesting to thoracic peeps is that the T2 effects the shoulder "saddle".
advertisement

Comments

  • I'm glad to hear that you're finally moving toward a diagnosis and finding some answers. I hope that the suggested treatments work for you and am interested to hear what the surgeon says. Thoracic is a nasty problem to have, as we all know and I wish you luck in getting it treated and getting your pain under control.

    As always, please keep us posted.

    Cath
  • Well the surgeon gave me some more info to digest. Wonder if I might throw up from this one - lol.

    Apparently there is still a ridge on the vertebra that is pressing against the T2 nerve root. Not related to the fracture and the fracture has healed well.

    So he agrees with the neurologist that I go back on the neurontin. They referred me to a PM to do ESI. His theory is that this will let us know if this is the problem and hopefully buy some time so I finish healing from the surgeyr last January.

    If this is what is causing the pain the only real solution is to go back in to the same spot from the back. THis time he would remove more of the bone and then do a fusion.

    So in two weeks I go to the PM for a consult. I'm really unsure about injections. I'm pretty certain that surgery is in the future. As I told him I have a little less that two years of benefits under the no-fault car insurance. So if surgery is in the future it needs to be in that time frame. Maybe next January.....
  • Kris-

    I am sorry to hear this. Does it ever stop? My NS told me there was no medication on earth that would remove bone- so good luck with that. At the very least I hope you get some TA relief. I think you are right about heading back to you know where (sorry).

    Hang in there.

    Julie
  • I'm a bit bummed out by it. On the positive side at least they found the cause. I hate going to the doctor and being told they can't find anything so just wait. I guess only a spiney is happy to see something on the MRI. lmao

    I really don't want to have the ESI. The neurontin has reduced the pains by about half and I only just started. Have alot more to increase. I really don't think it is worth the risks and don't see the benefit. I can't keep doing shots the rest of my life.

    For now I'm just giving it some time. They stopped my PT which frees up some time. I see the PM doc next week for a consult. Then I plan to talk to the neuro and surgeon again. Ideally I think I would do surgery in October maybe or January again. We'll see what happens.
advertisement
Sign In or Register to comment.