Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Today is the day

ConnieGoldenCConnieGolden Posts: 19
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Surgery in about 3 hours. TLIF with spacer, L5 S1. Scared silly, but hope to get rid of this pain. I am sure I am trading one for another but gotta do what ya gotta do. My problem seems simple. 1 problem isolated to 1 area that seems to be a simple fix. Oh I know I am being very positive but hey it is what it is. <:P

• Hi Connie

Just saw your post. Not sure if you are still online but if you are good luck. Pretty soon you will be on the other side bitching about the recovery!! lol.
  • want to wish you good luck with your surgery today.
    i had a 2 level tlif almost 10 weeks post-op now.
    dont be shy about getting help here, people here are very helpful.
    kris is telling it like it is (lol)
    My Best to you
  • with the surgery and a successful recovery .take time to recover don't do anything too mad even if you feel well !!
  • Connie,

I am figuring looking at the time, you are now sleeping away while the surgeon goes to work! Good luck with it, let us know how it goes on the other side!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • missed you this morning but sending good vibes!
    you have a real great attitude and that will help keep things in perspective.

Best wishes...talk to you when you are in the recovery stage!

• You should be on the other side now.
    Hope they are keeping you comfortable and that all went well.
    We'll look forward to hearing from you when you are able to post.

Rest and heal well :-)
  • Connie,

Just sending well wishes in that you are now back in your room and on the other side! Positive vibes!!

Brenda :)
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Many blessings to you!

• Connie - I am wishing you good luck and a speedy recovery from your surgery. It is certainly an interesting journey and not one for the "weak". I hope you are resting comfortably and that your pain is controlled.

• Thinking of you and hoping that you are resting comfortably!

Welcome "to the other" side!

Looking forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it!
  • Welcome to the recovery side! I hope all went well and we are all here for you!
  • Hi connie,
    hey thats my name too. I hope your surgery went well and we hope to hear from you as soon as you feel up to it. I know you are probably still to sore to get online. So we will wait for you. In the mean time sending lots of love and support.
  • OK well this is NOT what I thought it would be. I HAVE NOOOOO PAIN IN the right hip and leg none what so ever. NOOOOO pain in surgical area none. I AM IN AGONY ON THE LEFT SIDE. where I had NOOOO pain ever before. They say this can be normal. Any body else with this after surgery? I ask the doctor if they messed up my left nerve, he laughed and said no of course but that is what it feels like. It feels just like the right before surgery. But I actually slept all night last night. If not for left side I would be fine. Gonna tackle shower today. Fun fun fun

• For four days post surgery, it sounds like you are doing well. Fusion surgery is a major assault on the body! :jawdrop:

I have heard of others suddenly getting pain where they didn't have it before. I think it is just all part of the healing. Good thing that you mentioned it to your doctor though. Hopefully, it will slowly fade away.

Hope you enjoyed your shower. Doesn't it feel wonderful?

Keep us up to date with how you are doing. :D