I currently have front and back leg pain from a failed back surgery 5 years ago resulting in scar tissue in the epidural space. I normally spend about 17 hours a day in bed laying on my back with pillows under my knees or on my side (never on my stomach) My nerve pain is usually better in the morning so I am able to take short shopping trips (30 minutes)
My insurance has finally approved a spine cord stimulator trial scheduled for 5 days on June 15. Unfortunately, I decided to go shopping on Monday (for undergarments for the trial of all things!) and now my nerve pain is so bad I literally have not left my bed since! Viciodin is not even helping it.
My question is should I postpone the trial? I called my dr and he has not called me back. I know that it is 5 days off but this is much more than my usual type pain and I don't know if I would be able to go though the extra activity or the extra pain of the actual placement of the trial.