Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Glad to be home Dr. almost killed me

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
went in for my rhzotomey was only to be one side 3 levels well it ended up being both sides. I talked to the Dr. and told him that dialudid is the only drug that works for me i cant take morphine demerol all the good stuff i even to the anastiolist cant spell let along write now just bear with me. I got this done and what i remember is me shaking all over my body jerking so bad my parents yelling Dr's in room respitaory with a mask over me them all taking and in icu i did out of all this state of mind ask what they have given me and no dilaud i said the dr said this is what they are going to give me and i have not had nothing like that were is the Dr. mind you i was not in a good space. Well, i ended up in icu for 1and a half days. Now i am so hurting they gave me pecocet is this not good. I was to have my 3 level fusion done on my neck 3 weeks ago and canceld it WOW was that a good thing knowing what happend with this 3level bilaterl rzhotmeny. Now my left shoulder is hurting so darn bad i am scared not knowing if they the surgial center did this when moving me off the table or what. As from my other post i did go see and 2nd Dr about my neck and he did say the same thing as this Dr. but ordered a mri of my shoulder because he feels that i have also a shoulder issue. But, it never never hurt like this. I am so bummed out crying in pain thinking that they almost killed me my folks yelling help my daughter pls. Got to go crying cant write

• Ellin,

So sorry to hear about you problems. Wish I had a way of helping you. Hang in there. Hope the mri sheds some light on things.

• Sorry to hear the RFA was so painful and the meds they're giving you aren't helping. Did you have any Dilaudid left at home from your PM Dr? I hope the pain eases up for you and hope you're able to rest tonight and hope they have a sleeping pill for you. Prayers they help you and you feel better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • the rfa is different than the razotmey in the rfa they burn the nerves but cant see them the dr is just hoping they are in the spot that they are supposed to be i had rfa 2x in my neck and 3x in my back and it did nada the rzhotmeny is only done by a surgon not a pm Dr. the Dr. makes about a one inch cut on your back if your having your back done and goes in with a scope that way the nuro Dr. can see the nerves he did 3levels both sides so i have 6 1inch cuts. It really stinks the pain im in. My left shoulder is really bad been crying all day on and off witht the soreness of back and the pain and the left arm i cant lift my left arm to my chin that is how bad it is. Well, i thought i would end up in er tonight but so far i have not gone. My folks think because i was convulsing so bad they the nurses and Dr's had to pad the rails so i would not hit my head that is why the folks think maybe my shoulder hurts. My dad says i cant believe your neck does not hurt your eyes were rooling back they asked if i ever have had seizures which mom said no my poor mom she was over today and said no mother should ever have to see their children like i saw you. I feel so bad. I have put them threw so much always something regarding surgery. It does not seem to stop. Well, thanks for the thoughts i need them. I am pretty much in the dumps!!!!!!!!!!! i thought man i was close to death would it have been better?? than live and go threw all ahead of me??? i dont want that i do want to live and if i was to die not when my folks are their they would not be able to handle that. OH i better get off this crazy subject. Im sure tho lots of you had to feel this sometime with going threw all this. G-D bless you all and will let you know what happens with the mri. I am going to call the ordering Dr. and tell him about the new issue and pain pain and pain so maybe he will order it stat. If not i just might than have to go to er due to the pain. ok gotta go thx again
  • oh charry i do not have dialaid which i did i take oxycontin 20mg two tablets in am and 2 in evening that just gets me threw the day. the Dr knew i was alergic to almost all the better meds and i told him diladid works great and told me he would make sure i got that and never did. the anasiolgist is the one who gave me all this combo meds and than when out of operation room than they gave me ? but not didluid i told the DR. which makes me so blank blank mad that didluid is the only drug that works well on me mind you i have had lots of surgeries right shoulder right had twice right knee left elbow left knee twice breast mass removal apendix removed abdominal hysteretomy. so you would think i would know what works hello!!!darn Dr's sometimes they get caught up in ? and forget to do what they say. One thing good about this is i will know not have this Dr. every do my fusion. so that is a poor way to learn but, i did