Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone have any ideas how to fix carpal tunnel without going to the doc?

Emj1988EEmj1988 Posts: 45
I cannot afford to go to the doc right now for CTS because of all the bill I have some are because of work comp!! Anyone have any cool gadgets/or ideas that can relieve the pain??? Back pain and CTS are not good combos at all especially when your going back to school again oh no!!! I am very sure its CTS because im on the computer frequently and the pain is like a severe pressure @ the wrist about where the nerve would be. I wear wrist bands but I think thats making it worse? I probably will have cancer next with my luck :*(

21 yr old injured on the job with no hope left what so ever!

-Tried two different chiropractors.
>Result one made me worse than before and the other according to this MRI has increased my disk height through spinal decompression all though my disk bulge has gotten worse by 2mm since Aug 09'.

-Trying PT now so far its a fail.

-Tried pain management with no luck that screwed me up!
>Result the cortisone shots made my retro worse. After I got them a few week later I had massive popping when I tilt my pelvis forward or backward. It was also concluded that I was not a candidate for a facet rhizotomy but I still want it done because I have a some of the symptoms a facet problems such as tailbone pain after sitting down for 15mins.

-Got one otho opinion and he never said anything about operating but his assistant told me he basically didn't want to operate. Will be getting a 2nd one soon.

Meds- Oxycodone, Oxaprozin

June 10'

Disk space signal and disk space height is well preserved. Marrow signal is within normal limits. The conus medullaris is unremarkable terminating at the L1-2 level.

The T12-L1, L1-2, L2-3, and L3-4 levels are unremarkable.

At L4-5 there is mild diffuse disk bulging and mild bilateral degenerative facets. There is no significant central canal or neuroforaminal narrowing.

At L5-S1 tehre is a broad-based midline to left paramedian disk protrusion. This is slightly more prominent currently when compared to the prior exam now extending approximately 6 mm beyond the expect prosterior disk margin compared to 4mm previously. This indents the anterior aspect of the thecal sac but does not appear to compress nerve roots. There is no significant neuroforaminal narrowing.

Feb 10'
Neg T-spine MRI

Aug 09'
L3-4: Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

L4-5: Mild desiccation and disc bulge. Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

L5-S1: Mild disc space narrowing and desiccation with a left central disc extrusion which extends dorsally up to 4mm. There is mild retrolisthesis of L5 on S1 of 2mm. There is mild ventral indentation on the dural sac and left S1 nerve root. There is no foraminal narrowing. Mild bilateral facet arthroses.

• It might be coming from your spine. Have you told your neurologist about this pain?
  • My PT told me that one test for CTS is to check the "fatty" part of your hand, between your thumb and forefinger. On your dominant hand, you should have a nice thick chunk of muscle and tissue there. For me, being right handed, she said I had CTS because the tissue in my right hand at that area is almost nonexistant relative to my left hand, which has plenty. I should have lots of muscle and tissue in my right hand since I use it most often.

The key, as I was told, is to keep you wrists at an even angle when typing and holding your mouse, getting wrist rest for your mouse, and wearing a full hand/wrist brace at night. This has worked for me.

I'm sure you can find exercises online to help also, I'm just telling what my PT said to me.

Good luck.
  • I just hope there no bulging disk or anything like that in my neck. I do have straining sensation though about where the top of the shoulders intersect the neck after an hour long drive. I was in a car wreck about 4 years ago when I was 17 took out a whole guard rail at about 60mph and rolled several times but I have not had any trouble until whatsoever ever (I was in a wedding the next day :) ) until I messed my low back up at work 3 years later. This weird sensation would be in the center of the spine (not radiating of to the left or right). Yea I guess It would be a smart thing to do sense I'm seeing the ortho tomorrow. If its not due to my back I'm screwed basically because I have a 3k deductible which is just plain horrible. Its so hard to find affordable good health insurance when it comes to being without a job.

I have looked at different devices online for CTS but from the looks of it from some of these sites It looks like there's a lot of scammers out there.
  • Yea I checked that just now that's pretty interesting! My right hand has more muscle than my left hand which has like 50% less and I'm right handed. Yea I should man up and pay to go to the doc I guess. I suppose I could get permanent nerve damage there if I continue being lazy like I am. Im taking computer programming classes soon and I dont need this now yikes! I guess I will try a brace next and see what happens :)

-ty for your comments to the both of you I know I ask too many questions on here but thats just my nature I freak out too much :)
  • A wrist brace that keeps your wrist in a neutral position works pretty good. I was diagnosed with CTS and the braces helps alot.