Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 month appt=more surgery

StacyAnnSStacyAnn Posts: 50
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:44 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, told the doctor all about my issues with pain in my back, down left leg and into foot. Xrays showed that L4-5 still not fused by L3-4 solid. He told me 2 options: try injections or surgery. I went with the surgery.

He will fuse L5-S1 and look at L4-5 and possibly do that one over. I wonder if the L4-5 didn't fuse because of the stress from a bad L5-S1? Anyway, surgery is scheduled for August 4th. Hopefully this will get me back on my feet.

• Stacy,

I know more surgery is not what you wanted to hear at this point and time, but sometimes it is a necessary evil to get you past the issues you are still having. Although my repeats have been cervical surgery I can relate to how frustrating it is. Just do your home work and make sure you cover all the basis with the surgeon and your both on the same page. I know for myself as I prepare for another one I will be meeting with the surgeon one more time just to make sure it is exactly what we discussed and nothing is misunderstood. Sometimes I have a tendency to miss things.

Let's hope there is no reason to redo the other level and it will just be the new levels added in. If there can be anything good at least you know this time what you are in for and understood the long recovery in front of you. Good luck with surgery.
  • Sorry to hear that you are on route for more surgery! Hopefully this surgery will give you some relief. I am looking at 'revision' for my cervical plus another level for fun - NOT. Positive energy for you, and for a successful surgery! *hug*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I do at least feel better knowing what I am in for (even if it is painful for a while). This time at least I will have the advantage of being physically ready. First time it was a month practically in bed all the time until surgery. This time I will be moving about doing the basics I have been and continuing with PT until then. Hopefully that will help with the recovery.

On the good side, I already have the walker, the cane, the brace and the bone stimulator! But I laugh because I am nervous. Surgery always carries risks that I am well aware of as a nurse. But I know I need this if I have any chance of returning to my life as it existed.

• We're all here for ya! Now that you have planned for post surgery so well, that means it will work! (G) If you did no prep, you would need all that stuff, right? Positive thoughts and energy Stacy! *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Wishing you the best as you prepare for your surgery!

It sounds like you have a positive attitude! And being able to continue with PT should definately help your recovery!

We are here to support you as you wait!

I had my 3month follow up this week and was sent for an immediate MRI as it looks like I may have issues above my fusion....see the surgeon Tue. I so know how it feels. I looked at my MRI and it seems obvious to me....just don't know what my options will be.

Hang in there, we are here for you!
    Wishing you the best!