Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Well tomorrow is the day for his fusion!

beaverbbeaver Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
We're packed and ready to go. Now just have to get through the night. Hospital is two hours away so we will leave really early in the morning but also will avoid a lot of traffic that way. Hubby is really calm or else he is hiding it well. By this time tomorrow night it will be over thank heavens.

• Wishing the two of you the very best!

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers,

praying that his surgery will go smoothly,

the surgical team will have clear minds to make sound decisions with steady and skillful hands,

his nurses will be attentive and compassionate,

his pain will be managed and

you will be peaceful!

Safe travels tomorrow morning and I will be looking forward to your posts when you feel up to it!
  • Howdy Beaver!!!

Fingers crossed for a very successful surgery for the hubby! If he is like my hubby, hehehe, he is hiding it very well! Please let us know how it goes. Support *hugz* for the hubby, and support *hugz* for you woman!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • He will be in my prayers, as well as you.
  • Good luck tomorrow will send some positive vibes your way for you and hubby. While it will be a long day be sure to get some rest and take care of yourself as well. He will certainly need plenty of your attention when it is all over and is home again. Let the nurses do most of the work so you can relax a bit and then when he returns you can help out and will have a little a break. Lucky guy to have some one as yourself looking out for his best interest. Take care and good luck tomorrow. Be sure to post a update when you can.
  • that the surgery goes well for your husband!I will be just like you next Thursday!
    Please let us know how it goes.

• it was the bit where you say something like by tomorrow night it will be all over thank heavens.i know what you mean but .it could be misread as by tomorrow night it will be all over as in ...no more husband!!..please don't take offence its just the way i first read your post ..mind you if was early in the morning ..i wish him all the best for the operation and subsequent recovery

• Thinking of you and your husband and praying that all goes well, that the surgeon is able to do the necessary 'work' and that your husband's pain will be well controlled after surgery.

I hope that you will feel relaxed during the surgery, knowing that this is the way to get his mobility back.

We will be here for you both once you get home again. I'm sure that you will have some questions for us along the way in the recovery. :-)

Looking forward to hearing how it has gone, once you are able to post again. :D
  • and your husband today! Hope you aren't too stressed waiting to see how he is. I'm sure he will be sore but hopefully most of his pain will be gone.

Don't forget to take care of yourself!

Peggy x
  • I'm hoping all goes well with your hubby's surgery. Hoping he can find relief from his pain and hop onto the recovery road.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I hope all went well and wish your husband a speedy recovery, I will be thinking of you both.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery