Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgury recovery

wish23wwish23 Posts: 1
Approaching this surgury with great excitment afterall it has a 98% sucess rate. I had surgury May 5, 2010 felt great. by the following Tuesday experienced a headache, by Thursday the headache was still there the pain was more intense upon rising. It was having a brain freeze that would not stop unless I was laying down. By Friday May 14 I was back in the hospital having a 2nd surgury. I had spinal fluid leaking. They were able to find the problem which was a small piece of my disc was left in there and snagged my spinal sack. Like a finger nail snagging a pair of panty hose. Happens to 5 out of 100,000 cases. They removed that tiny piece and did what they could to seal the membrain and then it was back to recovery. Did the 2 weeks of rest so the membrain could heal, this is tricky because the fluid does not cugulate like blood does so resting is very important in the healing process. As of June 6th felt fabulous! No pain all was good, however I was still very causious in what I did. No lifting,no extenting my arms over head, just going for short walks. Then June 7th came and all the pain and then some has come back. Pain from my foot to my hip. Spoke with the Dr. and waiting for MRI approval. May have another ruputured disc!. I was told this hapeens in 10% of the cases! I am still positive but really unsure how to approach the next steps. Any ideas out there would be appreciated. thank you for listening!

• you are having so much trouble. What surgery did you have? Keep us posted as to your progress and welcome to SH.

Best to you,

• You surely are not alone in having more problems and surgeries. Doctors tend to be very cautious and do as little as possible. Then sometimes you find you need more. And other times the change in your spine causes new problems.

It can be very discouraging but you are not alone. I'm in a similar boat. I take heart in knowing what the surgery will be like. I certainly wish I wasn't headed down this path but at least I know what direction I'm going in.
  • I am sorry to hear that you are going through some rough time. I just want to tell you that you are not alone.

I hope that you will get another MRI soon, so you can put your mind to rest. Since you have followed your doctor's order, I would think that you did not reherniate your disc. I don't know about "another ruptured disc." Try to stay positive. I know it is hard when you are going through an uncertain period.

I wish you the best.